LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Before his time ????????

Dora died on January 3, 2002 at the age of 67 from pancreatic cancer. I say he had a good run since the average male in america dies at age 78
    Pancreatic cancer is BAD news. I knew a dude who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at 42, two weeks after he got married. He was dead in two weeks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    http://www.surfline.com/surfing-a-to...nd-photos_792/
    In my time (which isn't over yet as far as I can tell) I've "Miki'd" a few shoulder hoppers here and there. I'm not proud of it, but if and when it becomes necessary. . . well. . . it's necessary. I don't pilfer backpacks on the shore like Dora did though. That's just wrong.
    Hey nobody is perfect. How do u think miki travled the world and was wanted by the FBI at one time for a on going credit card fruad investigation. Back then it took alot longer to find out you execpted a bad credit card. That why Miki got way with it for so long. He used people to get what he wanted and only trusted a few with know the real miki .

Paddling out into a line up with 100 people would definitely make me a little hostile towards others, but that's not what I see around here. Most of the problems that I have encountered in my 20 years of surfing has been just a few guys who think that if they can catch the wave,then they deserve it. There's no need to paddle around a guy who is already in position, or paddle your 13' SUP from 30 yds. out past the long boarders and take every wave.

I agree that surfing isn't a group hug, but it doesn't need to be uncivil either.

Dora is a legend. If you haven't read his biography, "All for a few perfect waves" then you are missing out on a huge piece of surfing history. http://www.fannelis.com/blog/wp-cont...iki-Dora-2.png Check out the pick of him at perfect Rincon... sweet!

sounds like a bully

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Hey nobody is perfect. How do u think miki travled the world and was wanted by the FBI at one time for a on going credit card fruad investigation. Back then it took alot longer to find out you execpted a bad credit card. That why Miki got way with it for so long. He used people to get what he wanted and only trusted a few with know the real miki .
    I remember watching the old videos of Miki thinking it would be cool to live like him. Then years later, after reading about how he conducted his life, I realized that he was not someone who should be respected at all. He was just an awesome surfer. That's it.

Images
    I prefer to think of him as infamous rather than legendary. If infamy qualifies one for legendary status, then Dora sleeps with the fishes. . .

off topic,............

hey MDSurfer,.......your kid was ripping it up Sat. Morning, if I am not mistaken. Some really great rides.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    http://www.surfline.com/surfing-a-to...nd-photos_792/
    In my time (which isn't over yet as far as I can tell) I've "Miki'd" a few shoulder hoppers here and there. I'm not proud of it, but if and when it becomes necessary. . . well. . . it's necessary. I don't pilfer backpacks on the shore like Dora did though. That's just wrong.
    Absolutely...... someone's gotta teach them a lesson. I'm sure my etiquette wasn't the best when I started surfing as a wise-a$$ teen..... I remember getting cussed and threatened for ditching my board once, never did it again.

There's this guy around here that thinks he's cool. He used to longboard now he SUPs. He paddles around, calls people off from outside, talks a lot of s**t. He's been out of control in and out of the water for as long as I can remember. He back paddled me and ran me over from behind on his SUP, then proceeded to tell me to stay out of his way. It was only the two of us out. A few months back he's up to his same old tricks and this guy I met wasnt into it, so they take it to the beach. The SUP guy gets b**ch slaped to the ground. That's what it takes. Its not a lesson in ettiquette these people need its a lesson in life. Give it to them, repeatedly if nessesary, its the right thing to do. Deep down you all know it, they know it, give it to them and make the world a better place for all of us.