LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Quik Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    slater rode a 5 fin...wtf?
    During an interview he said a buddy was using it and said he should try it out. The friend's friend brought the fin to the comp for Slater. He said it just helps stabilize the board between turns where a quad can have a tendency to slide and be a bit unpredictable.

I'll bet the glasser at the CI factory in China is going to get extra lashes for Kelly's board breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I'll bet the glasser at the CI factory in China is going to get extra lashes for Kelly's board breaking.
    ignorant statement...CI's are made in the US.

BUT...owen's first tour win, no? & over slater...watch that kid closely, i think!

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    The guy still made $100,000 finishing 2nd on a board he's just trying out.Thats pretty amazing.

BUT...owen's first tour win, no? & over slater...watch that kid closely, i think![/QUOTE]

Ya,you got to give Owen props.Guy surfed his a$$ off.I did think he had better wave selection during the heat.
    Last edited by GoodVibes; Sep 9, 2011 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RightCoastRipper View Post
    that fat east coast lip destroyed the great one's board
    oh please.

Images
    Slater should have not even been in the finals. If you were there or saw the video, Taj clearly out surfed him. Judges gave ks a 10 for 1 single boost.

Taj got robbed straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Slater should have not even been in the finals. If you were there or saw the video, Taj clearly out surfed him. Judges gave ks a 10 for 1 single boost.

Taj didn't get robbed. He surfed amazingly well and he dominated the heat. Slater's air was stunning and judges have been scoring airs quite high all comp. Single move airs getting into the 9's and Slaters was awesome. Slater proved that he's clutch, that he never quits and is smart. I know Taj was crushed, but if you're going to take down the champ you better beat him by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyutah View Post
    Taj didn't get robbed. He surfed amazingly well and he dominated the heat. Slater's air was stunning and judges have been scoring airs quite high all comp. Single move airs getting into the 9's and Slaters was awesome. Slater proved that he's clutch, that he never quits and is smart. I know Taj was crushed, but if you're going to take down the champ you better beat him by a lot.
    The airs were especially hard today with the offshores. Most attempts the board would blow away from the surfer. Yesterday the wind was holding the boards onto their feet. The problem with the Taj/Slater heat was that the judges threw out 9s on the first few waves setting the scale to high. They had nowhere to go on Slater's boost because of the earlier 9s, but to give him a 10.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post

I was there... and seeing him land that huge, full rotation air reverse was awesome, but I understand what you are saying. I think maybe its at least a 9 and the crowd influence and claim may have influenced the judges. That crowd went nuts when he stuck that.

I thought the judges handed out too many really high scores and didn't leave enough room at the high end of the scale for even better rides. Looking at the review of that heat, I would give Slater the win.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Sep 9, 2011 at 11:26 PM.