LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Best Wax

Images
    Has anyone tried bubblegum's Gu Wax?

Images
    sounds interesting...wonder if it smells like bubble gum. I've always been a fan of the scented waxes though I know a lot of people dislike the scents

Images
    Palmers in the summer,sex wax in the winter. Palmers is the **** but it makes your board shorts like they been starched and ironed. Ruins everything therefore I dont use it on my $400 wetsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthJerseyShred View Post
    Has anyone tried bubblegum's Gu Wax?
    I havent tried it, but Surfer has an article in the latest edition on these new hyper-sticky waxes that are more intended for aerial surfing/pros who want some seriously gluey shi!t that are so sticky you cant even shove your board in a board bag with the wax on and they wont last much more than one heat.

ms. palmers till i die. traction without the stickiness of other wax. not such a big deal in the winter but greatly helps avoiding rashes in the summer. always goes on easy and lumps up perfect. plus it floats so if your friend drops it when you toss him a chunk in the lineup you wont have to strangle him.

i've tried sticky bumps and its ok but your wax lumps mush together and you end up with useless big globs of wax. plus it will leave your ribs bare when you shed the wettie. magma wax is even stickier and ends up ruining your boardshorts/wetsuit. regular sex wax is about as useful as dripping candle wax on your surfboard, however the quick-humps version is my go to backup when i cant find palmers

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    quick humps basecoat (blue label) get it nice and bumpy and then sticky bumps.

Images
    Yankee Candles' Spring Rain provides mind blowing grip. You'll be doing 720 Japan airs all day.

i used Magma this past summer, it wasnt bad! But i like Sticky Bumps & the Rob's homemade stuff.

sticky bumb works the best for me..

hey man.. F U