LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Talking reply

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Try saying that to your boss and see if you have a job the next day....dumbasz
    I'm my own boss and an attorney to boot. Sorry that your blue collar.

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    It's in the USA and he has First Admendment rights. Although it wasn't classy he has the right. Call the ACLU. Let his surfing speak.
    The Bill of Rights is a set of restrictions on the Federal Government. The 1st admendment only says that the government can not censor or prevent your speech. The famous example of running into a crowded theater and shouting fire is not protected speech. It is a criminal act (if there is not a fire).

Bobby has the freedom to say what he likes and his sponsors, the ASP, and whom ever else have the freedom to tell him you are fired, hired, or disqualified. If you want the freedom of speech you must also take responsibility for your actions.

BTW, I think the whole thing was a publicity stunt for FTW. Bobby was quitting the tour anyways.

I think Bobby is more frustrated than anything else. Surfing lack luster spots after working so hard to get there. I think he is frustrated b/c "lower ranking" surfers are competeing against thier calibar and WINNING. They are ranked higher because they bust thier chops and WIN CONTEST. I like Bobby but he has to face the fact, his surfing is outdated. Either get better or left behind. Kelly made the change with no issues. I.E he won last years title.

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    I'm my own boss and an attorney to boot. Sorry that your blue collar.
    Well you know what they say about assuming....Anyway in your case try saying something rude to a judge or jury and see if you win....Sorry that your blue Collar?...that was pretty stuck up dude.

Does Bobby Have a point?

Wondering if people think bobby has a point that the older surfers want the cut to make it easier to stay on tour? Will the rebel tour talk start up again? I love his passion and his ability to not give a f--k. He gives up millions of dollars to surf because he can't keep his mouth shut.

Images
    the rules were well established before this competition... Perhaps he has a point, but I think he is screwing himself over by the way he expressed his opinion.

I agree, I just thought it was funny (at his expense of course).

And if you ever wondered what would happen if you had a cholo on tour... there you go

Images
    Even though he may have pointed out valid points, he is (was?) a professional. That means you have to ACT like one no matter the situation or get out. Bobby just did that i guess. Dane Reynolds should be the one the ASP is worried about because he comes and goes when he pleases and no one says anything because he is still one of the most liked surfers out there and makes the surf companies and the ASP money. I don't like people and things that sellout either but these guys are surfing spots that i'll probably never get to surf and making money that i'll never make. Be grateful for who you are and what you have. sorry for the rant. I just wanna surf dammit. I'll be out in katia having the time of my life if you need me.

Images
    Bobby is by far my favorite surfer on tour. It's just too bad he can't conform. I can watch his backside killah all day yo! Goofyfooters unite!!

Images
    Hes the Charlie Sheen of Surfing.