LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hoping we'll have morning after waves

ala post danielle and post irene...or at least hope the cams are working so I can watch from work tomorrow.

Seriously not sure how this swell is going to drop off fast..

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    Seriously not sure how this swell is going to drop off fast..
    Kind of what I was thinking...in both those storms, the models showed huge drop offs, and in both cases (particularly danielle), the surf as strong chest to shoulder high.

oh baby baby! I'm f'n amped, no way this swell is gonna disappear overnight! can't wait till I'm done work tomorrow! Finally, some hurricane swell (i missed Irene), seems like I've been waiting forever for some solid swell, well at least since March 17th...****, it's been so long I can't even remember if it was march, maybe april or may...i just know it was the 17th....wow that's sad.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Sep 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    oh baby baby! I'm f'n amped, no way this swell is gonna disappear overnight! can't wait till I'm done work tomorrow! Finally, some hurricane swell (i missed Irene), seems like I've been waiting forever for some solid swell, well at least since March 17th...****, it's been so long I can't even remember if it was march, maybe april or may...i just know it was the 17th....wow that's sad.
    That avatar is oldschool....I remember buying that guide in 1999 prior to my second trip to CR

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    That was Sunday, April 17...quite a day in OC. All positive thoughts for tomorrow, and some tasty leftovers on Saturday.

I've got a weird feeling this swell is going to disappear quickly. The AM, as the forecasts show, will be firing and, god willing, clean. The afternoon, I fear, will be waist with bigger sets in the chest to shoulder range, if we're lucky. It always seems too good to be true, and it usually is. Get out before 1pm for your best chance to score a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi Reagan View Post
    I've got a weird feeling this swell is going to disappear quickly. The AM, as the forecasts show, will be firing and, god willing, clean. The afternoon, I fear, will be waist with bigger sets in the chest to shoulder range, if we're lucky. It always seems too good to be true, and it usually is. Get out before 1pm for your best chance to score a good time!
    wow, you can read the swellinfo graph...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi Reagan View Post
    It's gonna suck. Better drive to Rhode Island.

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    wow, you can read the swellinfo graph...
    hahaha my thoughts exactly