LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post
    another towson alum here... what year were you?
    1998-2002. Computer Science. BOOM! you? -

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef View Post
    Zach- I dont know if you remember me, but im the one who back in 07 was out in h.b during the real good swell...then came home and had 765lbs falling on my face...never the less I like your post. I love surfing and wish i could whenever i want, but life happens..my wife has just gotten ove a life threatning infection. Times have been stressful...I often long for the days when i was a grom. Im torn between two things that i love doing as hobbies/pastimes..etc..I compete in strongman/highland games and I surf, and im probably the biggest surfer in the world..haha..

None the less i agree about your moving to the southeast comment...I have found that when i was out in socal(h.b primarily) spending time...as much as i love spending time out there, the waves were very similar each day for a lot of the time. However being on the east coast it is almost a better feeling, when it has been flat and then there are waves...at least thats how i remember it being a while ago. I would go on a vacation as a grom to florida...and check the waves every morning, and it was flat....however once there were waves that one morning, it was an awesome feeling. I wish I could go back to those days of being a grom sometimes... So I understand what you are saying completely..send me a pm sometime.
    Hows it going man? I do remember you. I saw the pics you posted up back in 07. That injury looked very dangerous, so its good to hear that nothing too bad came from it... Its also great to hear some positive thoughts from a guy who has been in similar situations. Living in Socal and juggling the realities of life. It is looking like once the wife and I can get our savings back up some (post newborn right now. 2 months old), we are planning on heading back east to live by the beach there... Even if I end up at a beach somewhere in S.C., my "roots" will always be up in Maryland... I can't wait to get back out to MD and get some good waves... Just like you were saying, when I scored a sick hurricane swell in august a few years ago, it was naybe only head high, pretty consistent, but to me, if felt better than surfing TOH blacks... I just had so much fun being back at home, in trunks. ni warm water... my family on the beach... just trying to tear up 48th street for a few days... Man, it was certainly fulfilling....

So, I will hit u up soon enough! Looking forward to catching back up with family and continuing down the ol' path of life.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    1998-2002. Computer Science. BOOM! you? -
    After two years at st. mary's, went to towson from 99-03 for music. Lived in Towson Run 99-01, then off campus after that.

Images
    Started in Newell hall as a frosh. Went over to tower A after that. Then to glenmont about a mile off campus off of burke ave. Then downtown Bmore for the final two years... I think it was 98, not 99, but my room mate (and one of my best friends) was the one who hanged himself in our closet in Tower A! It was a sad legend on campus that was unfortunately true... needless to say, I moved off campus after that. But man, I had 4 years of RAGING fun at TU.... All surfing aside, I loved that place... I got into salisbury and the other schools too, but Towson's whole scene was off the charts back when I went. And the women!!! MAN! I miss college =)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post
    After two years at st. mary's, went to towson from 99-03 for music. Lived in Towson Run 99-01, then off campus after that.
    The history of Rock & Roll was by far my favorite college class, EVER! That was like the most popular course there at the time too... Thats the only music I was involved in there. I went to play soccer mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef View Post
    Hey didnt we used to surf together? Did you used to live in williards?

Na, never done that one buddy...
    Yeah, we surfed together a few times. I was in Willards...now in west OC

looks like the balancing / juggling act can continue. The boss just dropped mandatory overtime on us (i'm salary so no OT pay for me) and the next 3 dawn patrols look prettttty good...