LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vb today!!

Friday and Saturday, Northern OBX

deepc285, I surfed a few spots North and South of there these past few days, and you're right that it was extremely fun and uncrowded. It wasn't that size where I was, but definitely solid head high with some plus sets Friday and most of Saturday. So, so fun

Quote Originally Posted by deepc285 View Post
    6 - 10+, west wind, 1 guy out. Perfect A-Frame peaks. NO current. I give a $100 bucks to relive those precious 2 hours. Everyone believed all the false surf forecasts. Katia had some serious backlash ! Best i've ever seen K.H. pier, anyone else, oh nevermind, that's right, there was only one other guy out, my bad!
    Yeah man I saw some pics from Mickey Mcarthy from the Janettes pier that morning. Caverns baby! It was a foot or 2 smaller where I was but those lips were just as thick!

And the island opens up thursday to visitors again, so should be good down there for the new swell

Thx for the island update!

I was crashed out in my truckbed camper at K.H. pier and woke up to a guy waxin his stick, they predicted the swell would drop down to 2' to 3'+ overnight. Crawled out to check it from on top of the stairs and thought I was still dreaming. Normally I like to have a cup of coffee, take a dump and get some grinds in me. Not that morning, I haven't been out before sunrise IN YEARS. A couple other guys finally showed up around 7:30 or so. Then of course the word got out and by 9:00 it was packed, but still so many waves all day. To bad it turned light side shore around noon. What really stood out was how green the water was, crystal green tubes. Reminded me of San Diego summers of yesteryear. Peace out, OBTW thx for the island opening update!

One last thing, the high tide push must have added to wave size in the early morning. It was maxing at around 6-730 or so, but it still stayed 5-8+ on take off all day.

only by a long ferry from Swan Quarter or Cedar Island to Ocracoke and then finally to the Hatteras Village ferry docks,and I heard they're already fully booked for this weekend.no road access yet,and tri-villages of Rodanthe-Waves-Salvo are still closed to visitors.Hatteras Village,Frisco,Buxton,all open only via that ferry from Ocracoke

might as well just hang out in Okracoke if you take that route. SE facing beaches are a south swell magnet down there and miles of empty beach breaks to boot.

that's the only route,now,and if it's already booked full forget it,you can't go