LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Vb today!!

VB was sick this AM !!! Definitely enough waves to go around. Hasn't been like that in a while. Why were people sitting on the beach? Didn't they see the waves...

Images
    Sounds like you guys got it good in VA, it was pretty bad where I surfed last night in NJ. Decent sized sets but the south wind had it chopped up and every set was shutting down. Hopefully something better from Maria, maybe I'll be heading south...

This morning was biblical. The giant bumpy waves we had on Thursday are fun but umm I don't know if its just me, but I'd MUCH rather have punchy stomach to head high clean waves with decent lines.

pretty good here today morning and night

I guess it depends on what break you hit. I didn't get anything near head-high this morning, but it sure was clean and fun. Thursday wasn't that bumpy in North End. Friday was, though. I can't say I'd trade today's waves for screaming down overhead faces like Thursday. It's good to do both!

Images
    holy crowd bat man..check out those surfline cams!

Saturday was really fun, Friday night was a better though. I surfed right as the tide started coming back in Saturday afternoon and it was a bit better than the morning was, only because the crowd at the spot I surfed was a bit thinner. Yeah I scored like chest high peakes with stomach high lines, really fun little waves, after Wednsday night and THursday its good to be able to take one on the head and not go thru the ruinse cycle for 30 seconds.

Best waves we've had in what seems like forever.
    IDK about everyone else but I thought for sure the headlines on Fri would read local surfer drown @ SB or VB.
    I took a few on the head but some of the wipe outs I saw between 8th & 12th Thursday evening were brutal.

Images
    looks like there's another solid week of waves comin... possible low forming off the coast after maria rolls through
    Last edited by super fish; Sep 12, 2011 at 07:05 PM.

Kitty Hawk pier, Sat dawn patrol

6 - 10+, west wind, 1 guy out. Perfect A-Frame peaks. NO current. I give a $100 bucks to relive those precious 2 hours. Everyone believed all the false surf forecasts. Katia had some serious backlash ! Best i've ever seen K.H. pier, anyone else, oh nevermind, that's right, there was only one other guy out, my bad!