LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quik Pro

Images

Quik Pro

I seriously hope katia gives them some juice, because the shots they got from day 1 on surfline made me very sad. Seeing those guys in those conditions was just not right. I can't believe they even ran the event that day. I know they have to get through so many days, so they had to start sometime, but man, that was ugly. should have waited for Katia to hit them off.

Yeah, it kinda of looks like Huntington Beach mush. Sad. Hopefully Thursday and Friday holds for them.

I just checked the quiksilver live cam and now it looks better with the tide. wilkinson looked good.
    Last edited by motivated2surf; Sep 6, 2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: just checked live stream again.

If they wait for the Katia juice to start, they'll have nothing for the end. I think I'd rather it start off a little poor and end in great waves rather then the opposite.

Images
    Looks pretty fun to me right now. Waves have picked up with the incoming tide. Looking forward to watching it crack on Friday.

decent little waves rolling in today, no worse than US Open on the smaller days. No one is eliminated this round so at least the surf today will not decide someones tour dreams being this is the cutoff event. SHould see decent sets roll thru tomorrow I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Looks pretty fun to me right now. Waves have picked up with the incoming tide. Looking forward to watching it crack on Friday.
    yeah, i wouldn't be complaining surfing chest high fun surf. they're laying nice turns and punting - i doubt the surfers are complaining either..

Quote Originally Posted by motivated2surf View Post
    Yeah, it kinda of looks like Huntington Beach mush.

From the other side of the aisle...part of me is almost hoping they get nothing but crap waves. It's hard enough to find good waves around here, and I would have no problem with the pro's getting skunked. Perhaps fewer of them will invade the lineups when we do get good swells. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind surfing with visitors. I'd just prefer if those visitors did not bring a circus and dozens of cam guys waiting to fill the mag's with 'totally awesome hurricane waves'.

it looks awful right now. they should stop running the contest for the day

Anybody catch Bobby's rd2 post heat interview?