LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    yeah, the buoys are helpful... but there are numerous sights with real looks at the beach and visual reports... surfline... swellinfo... all of these other sites. thats the only thing i do like about surfline. They have a human look at the beach every morning.... If they arent doing a live report at your beach, just find the nearest ones, look at the swell data they posted and break it down yourself.... same as usuing the buoys......
    not quite. i check the buoys before i go to sleep and when i get up at 4am to see what the swell is doing. no light for cams and no human reports yet so the buoy is pretty much it.

Yea i gotta give on to the pain of the people who charter fishing boats and shrimpers etc. not to hate on those who ate 5 min away from the beach that cant read the bouys but i love surfing and i love waking up early to catch an hour or two of surf before work at noon but for me i live 2.5 hours from the beach so once to twice a week ill get up at 330 and be at the beach by 6, stay till 9 then head back to work so maybe 5 miles will make you feel a lil better : D

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    not quite. i check the buoys before i go to sleep and when i get up at 4am to see what the swell is doing. no light for cams and no human reports yet so the buoy is pretty much it.
    Good point. I really only monitor the buoys like over night that if i'm traveling or chasing a big swell. There are hundreds of buoys up and down the coast, you will just need to find some buoys closer to you, or down the coast on a similar beach angle etc... I guess just hope they get back up soon.