LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Moving to Morro

Hybrid View

Moving to Morro

hey guys i am moving to the Morro/Pismo area next month and was wanting to spend my free time surfing. Wondering if you guys knew any local shapers and good spots for beginners.....any advice

PS. wetsuit thickness?
    Last edited by JPdos; Sep 15, 2011 at 03:59 AM.

I live in Pismo and surf there all the time. Yeah the waves can be pretty ****ty but it has its good days. If your a beginner surf anywhere in Pismo just not by the pier, its an easy beachbreak. you prob want a 3/2 wetsuit too

Quote Originally Posted by JPdos View Post
    hey guys i am moving to the Morro/Pismo area next month and was wanting to spend my free time surfing. Wondering if you guys knew any local shapers and good spots for beginners.....any advice

PS. wetsuit thickness?

I got a 3mm yamamoto and that is plenty warm... Just south of cayucos is one of the consistent spots on the central coast with some decent waves.
    Last edited by Geoff Phillips; Aug 12, 2014 at 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Phillips View Post
    I got a 3mm yamamoto and that is plenty warm... Just south of cayucos is one of the consistent spots on the central coast with some decent waves.
    a 3mm wetsuit would only work in july and aug. You'd be freezing your ass off the rest of the year...unless you're working with a solid layer of blubber. Cayucos blows....and you suck.

I'm jealous. I wish I could move to the Central Coast

Bumping tree year old treads is the new ting. Ok.