LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: it's over

it's over

when the hard northwest came yesterday was cold.here we go

Can I get a hallelujah?!

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Can I get a hallelujah?!
    AMEN! time to break out the jeans & flannels!

Getting into front-zip and no-zip suits isn't so bad. Getting out of them when you are cold and wet is a pain in the butt. The first time I had to exit my front-zip 5/4 was embarassing. I had to flag down a passing jogger to help me. Talk about male bonding!

If at all possible, find a warm place to change out of your suit. An unused parking garage or elevator lobby in a condo building, the bathrooms at Assateague, something like that. If it is cold and windy, you should be surfing with a buddy anyway, so you and your buddy can help each other out (there is NO double entendre in this statement!!). Wearing a rashie under your suit helps, too.

The newer suits with smaller access areas are warmer and more flexible than the old-school back-zips and definitely prevent flushing.

My 15 year old daughter wants a winter suit for christmas this year, so any advice for good fits for a young girl 5-6/125 will definitely be appreciated!

Props to your daughter wanting to get out there in the winter... You must have taught her well!

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    AMEN! time to break out the jeans & flannels!
    You guys are crazy. You mean it's time to start planning Carribbean trips to escape the god-awful cold......

nicest morning in a long time. even saw my breath. welcome back, fall

I'm actually looking forward to surfing in my 3/2 full suit again. Everytime I'm out in board shorts the inside of my thighs gets rubbed raw and the hair gets torn out from the board wax. Does this happen to anyone else? I honestly don't know how dudes surf all the time in just shorts. Maybe after all the hair is gone and you build up caluses you don't notice it any more.

Images
    Embrace the cold its your friend . Summer crowds are gone as well as lifeguards and tons of empty peaks to yourself of your buddies

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    when the hard northwest came yesterday was cold.here we go