LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    This is getting too weird for me. I don't mess with surfing ninjas......I am scared.
    It's okay. Nothing to be scared of here. I'm just very open with people and I have learned in most situations they are not used to others being friendly so easily. Don't read into anything beyond me being as polite and friendly as I would like you to present yourself toward me. Thanks.

your op states people get weirded out.consider me weirded out from the get-go with you not caring about riding any waves but just going surfing with other surfers and wanting to meet surfers and take us out to lunch and get to know all the surfers.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    Then what is your point to surfing? sounds like you would rather Bro down at the scene then actually surfing.

Stay above the Weather!
    If you cant paddle you cant catch waves. Gruvi has the right Idea learning how to use technique properly , Paddling and building the muscle you use for paddling with it important. I dont know how Manny times I see people paddle out on a big day and call it quits after 30min cause they are tired from paddling. Last but not least proper etiquette. Knowing where to be on the wave and how different spots break with increase you confidence and skill level quickly

I'm with beachbreak on this one.

I think MAYBE he is trying to "meet" "surfers" to "surf" with ... I think he doesnt care about the surfing like he says.. more so to check the guys out and meet them, and entice them to be his "MATE" ...Its just a weird thing going on,, never saw anything like this.

Images
    I just think the Guy is being honest with his ablity and skill level . It sounds like he is making a honest attemp to learn the propper ways to be a good surfer.

Gruvi If you are looking for someone to surf with try to find someone of the same skill level as you . This way you can both progress at the same rate. Also do alot of watching from the beach . Watching how others do things can help you make adjustments to be a better surfer

Hey Matt thanks for getting it about me. To the other guys who seem super tight emotionally, lighten up, you are not my type, but that doesn't mean you can't have a slice of pie on my tab if you can act kind and show me some respect if you catch me trying to learn how to surf.
    But so I can try and relax the paranoid thoughts some of you insist to keep, maybe I should reveal even more about me...for one, I like chicks. I love em so much I married one. Secondly I work in a hospital. My job is caring for ill people, so can you imagine that! Must mean I love the human race and I'm not biased to anyones preferred orientation. And last. I'm what they say in psych terms, as being in my generative years. That means I'm chemically inclined to give back to society and I made my offers out of my heart to anyone nice enough to give me their time in helping me get better surfing. If you can't handle my posts, there's no need to follow and reply with the childish remarks. Thanks.

uh,like,um,sorry,'dude,' but,i had red flags shooting up all over the place right in on the first paragraph of your op.
    i thought maybe a language barrier,until i saw you have all the 'surf talk lingo' down fine,then i thought you were a real surfer messing with us, and then,yes,it really reads like someone creeping me out,like,hospital employee married does not mean you aren't interested in 'surfers.' not feeling groovy,so,you're just not convincing me.sorry

Hey BB I think its weird you keep trolling after me in this thread...its like you want me to just pay special attention to you or something. Its kinda creeping me out so I used the forum features to hide your posts so you'll not think I'm being rude not responding to you ever again I think its fair to tell you so you no longer need to spend your time replying to me.

Yo Gruvi

I think this post is exactly what this forum is supposed to be about. Putting out your questions or your needs and hoping someone out there has answers or advice.

I'm in Virginia Beach, and it's probably a great place for you to learn: real easy paddle out and the waves are anything but intimidating for a beginner. I have only been surfing for a couple of years but I love it as much as anyone, and I am always willing to share the stoke! If you end up near virginia beach, or just wanna come visit to catch a swell, I'm def willing to paddle out with you, give you whatever help I can (which to be honest, probably isnt that much), and I'll even take a slice of that pie on your tab as long as that whole thing about you liking chicks is true.

Signed,

A dude whose not creeped out by someone reaching out to others