LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    yeah,no kidding,and alter ego hilly immediately tried to be my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy96 View Post
    I'm not much of a poster on here but appreciate every bit of info I read from all of you. I've been around messageboards enough to small a troll.... or just some wierd creepy guy, and right now it stinks in here.

From OP - first scentence of second paragraph - "My first board sold to me was a new WRV funboard from the very cool people from Atlantic Shoals in Chincoteague VA."

53 posts later and his board not only got a free ride from the Doc in the DeLorean but also magicaly changed shapes. here's the quote - "In fact I already picked up a nice wrv 6'3 shortboard that is barely used from 1993 for $50."
    Mebbe gruvi is building himself a quiver before learning how to surf?

(somehow the word "quiver" seems apropos here in more ways than one...)

good detective work ha. guy is either a troll or is trying way too hard.

It puts the lotion on the skin!!! Put the Fu#king lotion in the basket!!!

Haha you guys making this into a horror movie script are a hoot and a piss!
    Here's what it is - I own two WRVs (my funboard I got new and an old shortboard I got off eBay local pick up) and I put a down-payment toward having a custom stick made for me...so what? Is it really affecting you? You jealous? Are you simply rude because this is the only place in your world where you have any power (the internet)? Were you abused as a child (I pray you were not), or are you some bitter teenager or emotionally immature adult who can't help yourself to succeed to own nicer things in life?
    Thanks to the mature people that get it. I do feel bad you have so many little brainless ones in here disturbing your fun. Peace out

How about if you were more in touch with your own feelings and discovered what compassion for others is like, you won't be so "weird out"? And I'm finding out that is the fault with most average people...they lost what its like to be close with each other and weird out so easily because of things like keeping their nose in a data phone after spending most the day making these :0 at others in cyberspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJAQ View Post
    @gruvi: can you elaborate on the specs of this board you've ordered? What type of board is it? Funshape? Thruster? Hybrid? Fish? Is it an easy floating wave catcher? How wide? How thick?

I think the problem is most of us started when we were kids, and could not afford a new board. We all did our time on used equipment when we started out. Some of us had help in selecting that equipment, some of us were hampered by poor selection. But we all put in our time, and worked to achieve our goal (learning how to surf). I'm not gonna hate on you for buying a custom board earlier than conventional wisdom would say you should. If you've got the disposable income, go for it. Hopefully, you'll stick with it, and you won't really be disposing your income! Unfortunately, you're really going to stick out in the lineup with a brand new stick and a brand new wetsuit and no skill to back them up. You will be spotted as a kook before you set foot in the water.

We were all kooks at one point. The only way to get out of kookdom is to put in time in the water. Good equipment might speed up the process a little bit, but not much. Good advice, however, can greatly speed up the process. Maybe if you tone down your approach a bit, you won't "weird out" so many people in your quest for surf knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    How about if you were more in touch with your own feelings and discovered what compassion for others is like, you won't be so "weird out"? And I'm finding out that is the fault with most average people...they lost what its like to be close with each other and weird out so easily because of things like keeping their nose in a data phone after spending most the day making these :0 at others in cyberspace.
    gruvi, don't be so defensive. Please re-read my post. a. I never said you weirded me out. b. I was backing you up on getting a new board. c. I tried to give you a bit of advice (tone down your approach) d. you were so busy being defiensive, you neglected to answer my inquiry about your custom board

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Haha you guys making this into a horror movie script are a hoot and a piss!
    Here's what it is - I own two WRVs (my funboard I got new and an old shortboard I got off eBay local pick up) and I put a down-payment toward having a custom stick made for me...so what? Is it really affecting you? You jealous? Are you simply rude because this is the only place in your world where you have any power (the internet)? Were you abused as a child (I pray you were not), or are you some bitter teenager or emotionally immature adult who can't help yourself to succeed to own nicer things in life?
    Thanks to the mature people that get it. I do feel bad you have so many little brainless ones in here disturbing your fun. Peace out
    If for one was abused as a child - I need a hug...

I was just using your words, not being direct to you.
    Okay specs you want. I will start with the funboard. 8 foot with lots of foam (like almost 23 x 3 1/8) with a squash tail. The shortboard is 6'3 with pointed nose and squash tail, too much rocker than I can imagine I'll ever be able to catch a wave or paddle out on, but I will try next week. The shortboard is 18 1/2 x 2 - 2 1/4, I don't remember exactly but its way lighter than my funboard. My custom is going to be an egg. Specs will be between a funboard and shortboard, most likely resembling a hybrid. Thanks for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJAQ View Post
    gruvi, don't be so defensive. Please re-read my post. a. I never said you weirded me out. b. I was backing you up on getting a new board. c. I tried to give you a bit of advice (tone down your approach) d. you were so busy being defiensive, you neglected to answer my inquiry about your custom board

I forgot fin set up. They are all thruster. the 1993 has glassed in fins. The funboard has FCS and the custom will be with Futures.