LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    Story of long branch dude. Guys would rather drop way behind the peak on top of the jetty than give it up to a guy in position. It's like,'oh, if I can't make this, no one will'. It's ridiculous
    Granted, I don't know anything about this spot but...I just paddle for it. If the guy makes it, don't take off. If he doesn't make it, keep paddling and grab it. It's not dropping in unless you actually go. Also, if the guy has no chance in hell at making the section, I'll go then as well. If someone gets pissed at you for doing that....well, they're just a kook and need to clean the sand out from the cooter and stop whining.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    Granted, I don't know anything about this spot but...I just paddle for it. If the guy makes it, don't take off. If he doesn't make it, keep paddling and grab it. It's not dropping in unless you actually go. Also, if the guy has no chance in hell at making the section, I'll go then as well. If someone gets pissed at you for doing that....well, they're just a kook and need to clean the sand out from the cooter and stop whining.
    this is a good method if its really crowded, but i've seen mistakes where the guy gets covered in whitewater and everyone thinks hes gone so they go, but he ends up staying on

yea, true dat happens...i'm super careful, but i've done it before....but it's been done to me FAR more times, so I don't lose any sleep about it. i guess my main point is that if people cannot tolerate honest mistakes, they should go play golf and leave surfing to those with a sense of humor (like gruvi! haha, sorry couldn't resist )

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    I have a strategy that works fine..