LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer 2011..

1. Summer 2011..

What's your reflection of this summer?

I thought it was pretty great.. waves could have been better but we did have a few good days and great weather! Hopefully my dream of having head high waves more than 3 times will come true next summer though!

Images
    Far as waves it was better than last summer I think

Images
    im going to have to say last summer was better. we had more hurricanes (during the summer i mean) and there were a few swells before that that were pretty good. this summer we only had one or two good swells before hurricane season, and even those only lasted about half a day depending on where you were

After being away for awhile and coming back to the East coast for June and July, all I can say is thank God for disk golf, beer, and cookouts. But besides what we all already know I made the most of those few odd days and the two or three swells through travel and loooong sessions.... it kept me hungry but happy.

this whole island was the worst summer ever for surfing in the memories of the oldest,longest surfing surfers unanimously.i'm 35 straght years at this beach and the other than this 34 were easily 100 times better.it's usually good here in the summer

worst summer i ever experienced. THE ONLY reason your saying it wasn't so bad was because of the run we have been having now. but once it's september i label it fall. worst summer ever

excellent spring, decent june, but terrible summer where i am.

I haven't surfed as long as some of you, but I thought it was OK. I think only once was there more than a 4 or 5 day stretch where I didn't go out and at least catch a few decent rides. Sometimes small lapses in waves are good (can catch up on work and get ready for the next good days). I had a lot of good days in OBX this year as well. The only thing that blows my mind about this summer is how f'ing fast it went by!

Images

Definitely the worst

Definitely the worst summer in at least 10 years...

June, July and August were about as small and inconsistent as any i can remember in 20+ years