LOGIN | REGISTER

will there ever be waves again...

This hurricane season sucks so far. theres been about 2 significant swells

Images
    Don't know where you've been...east coast has been pretty sweet the whole monthe of September and beginning of October....got nothing to complain about this hurricane season!!!! Time for a trip to central america!!!!

I assume by your SN that you are talking about Wrightsville Beach. Weve had lots of waves this season, where were you? Maybe the case is you dont go DP, go to work til 5pm, then try to surf whatever conditions are out there. If so, I could see how you might only catch it good twice so far.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by schweez View Post
    I assume by your SN that you are talking about Wrightsville Beach. Weve had lots of waves this season, where were you? Maybe the case is you dont go DP, go to work til 5pm, then try to surf whatever conditions are out there. If so, I could see how you might only catch it good twice so far.
    well, somebody's gotta work....and if that's the OP's situation, then i sympathize. the time available for DP gets shorter every day...and once DST kicks in on November 6, that's pretty much it for after work. but there was some fun ones this year - even back before Irene and Katia, there were a couple of decent summer swells (the week of the Fourth of July and then again around July 18-19). i think there coulda been more named storm swells but it could have been worse. something is always better than nothing

oh yeah, i distinctly recall getting skunked on a couple of DP sessions this fall by dead-high tide, first thing in the a.m.

like right now it's supposed to be 3-4 ft and it's thigh high

swell info is so unreliable lately. yesterday and 2 days ago it said it would be 4-5 feet for the next 4 days. now it's down to 1-1.5 ft. they change it the morning there are supposed to be 5 ft waves and change it to 1-2 ft

Images
    do people know what a forecast is these days? I swear they want to know what time each of sets will be here .I would love to see this site and all of the other convienent surf forcasting website were shut down for a month and see how many people on here would be lost in the dark with out it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WBncSurf View Post
    swell info is so unreliable lately. yesterday and 2 days ago it said it would be 4-5 feet for the next 4 days. now it's down to 1-1.5 ft. they change it the morning there are supposed to be 5 ft waves and change it to 1-2 ft
    Dude, you're an idiot...storm tracks change very frequently, it has nothing to do with swellinfo changing the forecast, its all dependent on what the storm system does.