LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Okay for fun, I went up the street to jeweller's and bought a nixon watch..

What is wrong with your english? you sound russian

Hahaha it does read like that after seeing your snippet you quoted. My wifes from the region so maybe its rubbed off some.
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    What is wrong with your english? you sound russian

gruvi you are one weird mother trucker. i don't even know what to say....

Some of you guys do have me belly laughing, so thanks for that!

why is gruvi attacking us watch wearing surfers?he's not nice like us.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Okay for fun, I went up the street to jeweller's and bought a nixon watch. Its a lodown. So I got it set but I really want to figure out how the wave set timer works to synchronize my paddle out. Is this what that functions is for essentially? And does anyone know what the graph that goes from -4 to 12 is for? I assume it's a useful part of the design right? Thanks for help.

The wave timer is for when u see the wave set come in you start the timer and when the next set waves come it thats usually how long of time between set waves. the -4 to 12 is for how many hours befor or after high or low tide.

I got the nixon lowdown its a good watch I only use it when I paddle out before work so I am not late . Plus it looks pretty nice with whatever you wear or at least I think so . Sometimes it might come off rde to whip out a cell phone to check the time . Watches make it look not so noticeable and rude
    Last edited by MATT JOHNSON; Sep 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    What's the legibility with these watches? I'm not discounting their usefulness, just going by my knowledge that LCD watches can be the least legible in most sunlit conditions. If I did pick a LCD as a surf watch I would likely lean toward a G-Shock.
    Honestly I've had my watch for a year+ and never had a problem with that at all. My LCD is still in perfect condition. And if your watch gets messed up (within the Nixon warranty policy) you get a brand new watch for free

Images
    Gruvi is a real surfer acting like a kook to have fun. I would bet my house on it. If you have the spare time and a buddy to laugh with i can see how it would be fun haha.

$ tyme iz money so eye went 'n' bought a ROLEX $

I've had 4 lodowns and they all break. My Ltd-Hawaiian model also broke, and un-replaced because it is obviously no longer in production, not happy.