LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concussions

sounds like you got whiplash, which can cause an actual concussion

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Like pv said call your doctor and what ever you don't listen to gruvi. Gruvi u are pressing your luck here...watch yourself. Good luck mc loven
    sorry but in this case, gruvi is right. you don't want to risk it, there could be other problems too. i would go get your head checked out as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by ND081 View Post
    sorry but in this case, gruvi is right. you don't want to risk it, there could be other problems too. i would go get your head checked out as soon as possible
    The only advice he should b getting is from his doctor. Not some crackpot who is telling him to rush to some er where some other crackpot can do 10 different tests on his head.

Thumbs up

Yeah, I reckon I'll go see the medicine man tomorrow. It was just a weird feeling, and I have eaten it in worse waves plenty of times, but never really had that daze afterwards until now.

I can't imagine going through that ordeal on a big swell, when you need to be alert and quick. I guess that's what happens when we read about people drowning while playing in waves. You just are helpless.

http://www.brainandspinalcord.org/tr.../index.html%20

stay out of the water for a little and dont do anyhting where you can hit your head. last year on the first day of football camp in college they made us watch a movie on second impact syndrome. its serious and scary sh**! be careful and get better fast. i feel for you

Images
    Go see the doc... not worth messing around with your noggin.

I had a very mild one snowboarding a couple years ago. I distinctly remember the feeling of my brain smacking against my skull. I felt all funky for the rest of the day and actually better the next morning. Anyway, may have been hard to detect that feeling since it sounds like you were ragdolled a bit..

Blurred vision is also a symptom of stroke, and you don't have to be 60 yrs old to have one. Definitely need to get checked out!

Got clothes-lined a couple years ago in a "rough" flag football game, and got a concussion. Your symptoms sound like a definite reason for caution. Get a professionals opinion.

sounds like "closed head trauma", technical term for a rotational injury, your brain can slam against the inside of your skull - DEF can be serious (bleeding, hematoma) - don't play around with it - gat it checked out!