LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Since you have been on this site, you have yet to get wet. Please take my advice from the beginning...Go Surf! Stop your yapping and stop trying to learn about surfing on the freakin internet. Your dealing with people here that have surfed the North Atlantic year in and year out...we dont like to welcome people that use surfing as an image thing or something that is convienent to do.
    Hey dude, I am so on board with your advice. I don't care how I look today and I decided I'm going to put fresh wax on the shortboard I picked up, throw on the suit and take my lickings.

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Hey dude, I am so on board with your advice. I don't care how I look today and I decided I'm going to put fresh wax on the shortboard I picked up, throw on the suit and take my lickings.
    Ok...Goodbye!

Woah

Yes. This gruvi character is back!

Gruvi,

It will sound alot better when you are approaching people if you say something like I'll buy you a six pack if you can give me some pointers instead of the whole pizza thing.(Make sure their 21 of course).I believe you paid your dues on here.Its been one heck of a ride the last couple days.Now go catch some waves and there are waves in Belmar today.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I am still confused as to what this dude did to provoke the ****storm on the other thread. He is a little strange, but ...
    That's usually about all it takes. Wasn't it always the kid who was a little strange that got picked on in school?

I admit I was beginning to have my doubts about gruvi, but I'm glad he's legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Since you have been on this site, you have yet to get wet. Please take my advice from the beginning...Go Surf! Stop your yapping and stop trying to learn about surfing on the freakin internet. Your dealing with people here that have surfed the North Atlantic year in and year out...we dont like to welcome people that use surfing as an image thing or something that is convienent to do.
    Here ya go Gruvi, sniffer's right. In the immortal words of Don Redondo:
    "Hey kid, you wanna know about Surfin', you SURF! You don't surf.... You don't know nothin' about Surfin"

Part 2: Our hero asks the Fabled Waterman to accept him as his apprentice

(I might have to re-read those, just for laughs,)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    let's get rid of matt johnston and make gruvi the new admin. dude clearly gets it.
    Really thats all you got??? How many Usernames u gonna make up this week and hide behind

Images
    i am so stoked gruvi is for real. this is just awesome. i'm sorry if i gave you any ****, i tried to be serious in my initial approach because i wasn't sure if you were another member trolling, but your "outgoing" attitude definitely had me going. most people pay their dues over a period of time, but you basically got all of it in one thread. anyway, yeah some stuff you said was bit kooky but you're a beginner and i think eventually you'll start to understand. at least you seem committed to learning unlike some kooks who just want to catch as many waves as they can on their soft top in one day. well good luck in the water, and i would take Sniffer's advice. try to ease your way in rather than go all out with an approach like your introductory thread.
    also i would recommend watching the movie point break

nice

glad to see you back gruvi.