LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First post, and if I may..........

Lol had to do it, long time user of swellinfo but finally just now signed up to post. So hey all, be gentle its my first time! LOL Am planning a mid winter trip to warmer waters and am wondering if anyone has a good suggestion on where to go, I must say the ad for costa rica on here has got me interested if the locals will all be that fine!

Hi, I'm Gruvi. Enjoy your vacation! Sounds like a blast!

If you head to Central America go to the Caribbean side of the country during the winter months.

Central America has so many choices, almost too many. And yes the Carib side when working is insane!

Gruvi, you are like our special needs younger brother we never had before.

Images
    Can't go wrong with Costa Rica... What type of waves do you like to ride?

First post and already a gruvi sighting! But im looking for specific recommendations, a nice consistent right and a sandy bottom and polite locals would be prefered, I've never travelled to surf unless couple hr trips north/south count, friends of mine (I missed trip) went to nicaragua told me never again.

Images
    nicaragua is a summer spot... I would recommend the north or central Costa Rica coasts.
    Go here for some places to stay - Costa Rica Surf Trips

thanks adm. will check it out

Images
    I know a cpl guys who go to PR mid winter and have a blast and never get skunked outa waves . They alway get good waves then they r there

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I know a cpl guys who go to PR mid winter and have a blast and never get skunked outa waves . They alway get good waves then they r there
    definitely recommend Puerto Rico. its mostly reef and point breaks but there are a few sand bottoms that i know of in rincon. locals are okay in most places, watch out for the boogie boarders though. there's almost always waves in the winter there and its fairly close by, so i love it