LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That style logo was only used between 1980-85.

http://stokednboard.surfingheritage....e_Tabeling.pdf

nice lbc, wonder why i never found that link, thanks

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    That style logo was only used between 1980-85.QUOTE]
    Thanks, "MT" MikeTabling had no association with "MTB". M.T.B. Surfboards supposedly began earlier, mid-70's out of same central Fla area by another well know shaper/glasser of that era.
    Last edited by goofy footer; Sep 22, 2011 at 11:44 PM.

Images
    Why not contact him directly? http://facebook.com/mike.tabeling

I would need a facebook account, obviously.

Images
    Obviously. The last connection I saw him with was Global Surf Industries when they came through as sponsors of the OCM Surfrider longboard Legends contest in June of 2008. He was at the Party with SRF president Shelly Dawson at the pre-contest party.

Images
    Hey guys, this is one of my boards. It was made at Creative Shaping in Merritt Island FL. I'd say it is circa 1983. Mike Tabeling

Images

Cool Mike Tabeling

You can contact me directly at mike@surfindustries.com or phone (949) 294-7847. I'm just using Terry Sterner's username and password.

THANK YOU MD, much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably the 2nd most famous surfer from Fla in the 1970's. If youre wondering, Jeff Crawford is 1. They were amazing if you ever saw either in the water. Crawford was as good as anyone at time. I saw them both at Sebastion on good days. MT made boards, had his own brand & shop called MTB for a while. Really nice shop in downtown Cocoa Beach. Had the best surfing wall mural I have ever seen (gone now). I ran across him selling boards at Ron-Jons a few years ago. I recognized him & we had a good converstaion about the old days. Ron Jons has a little musuem with East Coast, Fla history if you are ever down there. Good bit about MT there.