LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

breakthrough?

my board is pretty flat, it doesnt have any concavities. after reading more about this type of board i wish that it did. but i am really happy with it. thank you guys for all of the advice. i am going to put that advice to use saturday as long as there is not lightning. i will either have alot of other questions or have a breakthrough. again thanks so much everyone.

you probably have some vee out the back of the board instead of concave. i don't think i've ever seen a fish w/ a totally flat bottom. like someone suggested already, take a straight edge or level to the bottom of your board to see what you've got going on.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    are they aliens?
    i'm genuinely confused by this post.

Quote Originally Posted by banxsurfer View Post
    NJ42 obviously has put in some time on a twin or two...yep. Ya know a twin really is your friend, a true go to board.
    yep...if i weren't such a bonzer fiend, i'd still be riding them!! unfortunately, after i started riding bonzers, my twin keel fish felt slow!

im still pretty new to surfing but these days i ride a WRV twinfin, that you see everywhere in the mid-atlantic. its a pretty flat to slight vee with two FCS fins. i find that i can really crank the front of the board as long as im past the drop. i dont know if its fish in general, but this guy pearls very easily with hardly any nose rocker. i found that foot position matters less than overall weight distribution. the only thing ive noticed is if the waves arent right, it becomes much harder to drop in on this thing when guys on shortboards and even funboards sometimes wont have an issue.

One of the few refinements of the original design that have added performance to the traditional fish is some flip and slight vee in the nose. Helps address that pearling issue that almost all flat-rockered boards suffer from. I've been doing it for a few years now on a lot of different designs that are otherwise flat, short, and wide.

i got so excited i went and got me a slightly used twinny yesterday. 5 9 by 20 3/4 by 2 5/8 old style template with some more modern bottom contour made by a loke go to guy.
    rode it today and yesterday and boy oh boy is that some fun.i spent all these years hatin on em cuz i couldnt ride em but now im convinced.

hilly post #11 on this thread = gruvi. there's at least two of them

oh,and rode my 2 fin classic fish today and thought about 42's post and it helped a lot,riding up front,using rails,thanks again,good day for it

Just watch Donavon surf his twins... MENTAL!