LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Golfing!

now go to the golf website forum and start a thread about surfing

i think you should all play golf

Similarities

Golf and surfing have more in common than most of you young bucks would think. Let me count thy ways.....

1) It is a great excuse to get outside and be with nature for hours on end
    2) Both can have serene settings
    3) Both can give you a decent back workout (though, surfing more so)
    4) Both are more fun with a couple of friends
    5) Some people like to do both when they're blazed
    6) They both can be intense and take great focus
    7) Both can be rewarding as well as frustrating within the same round
    8) The less crowded it is the better the conditions

.....just to name a few. However, I do like surfing more and it is cheaper but I can't write it off on my taxes. Wait, maybe I just found a new write-off! I'm talking real estate next time in the water just to write-off my gas

Golf has its advantages.....almost every country in the world has a course.....its a great option when travelling....and lke exotic surf spots, courses are beautiful.....I understand the downside of the industry, but evrery industry has a downside....i hope to surf/golf/fish/ski/f*&% till I die....

good one beachbreak....lol

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    now go to the golf website forum and start a thread about surfing
    done and done

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I prefer to stay away from sports that destroy wetlands and aquifers with their over-excessive use of fertilizer and water. Stay above killing wetlands......
    unless you are surfing on your hand and living in a shack at your break..... you are doing something to hurt the environment..... a.k.a. killing a tree (ala & balsa boards), polluting the air (foam/wetsuit/fiberglass factories as well as driving to the beach), etc.

I prefer to stay away from sports that destroy wetlands and aquifers with their over-excessive use of fertilizer and water. Stay above killing wetlands......
    Thats a joke right? Some people are just nuts. Haha

You do know enviromental down sided of the board production industry? And really? really?

Tiger Woods is a surfer. A while back I saw a quote of him saying something like, since I've been surfing I've come to realize golf is for people who can't surf.