LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Golfing!

Harhar, you're an idiot. I'm glad spongedude spelled it out for you because I was finding it difficult to translate into "See Spot Run" format or something else base enough for even you to digest.

eatswell, you're obviously not the sharpest blade on the saw either. If you could read, you would notice I was making a point about a specific relationship between golf courses and water quality. As someone who spends as much time in the water as possible, I have a special interest in water quality, therefore I TRY not to support things that are PROVEN to be detrimental to that which I love. The relationship is proven, no environmentalist vs. whoever ideological argument needed, the sh!t is fact exactly like what happens to the water when sewage plants overflow due to excessive rain.

I still don't see how those of you attacking my statement found it in yourselves to completely over-apply meaning to what I said, well other than your apparent keyboard commandoism.

Bottom line, golf is a worthless game favored by fat people and alcoholics. If you need something to do when there aren't any waves, there are plenty of real sports out there for those not scared of breaking a sweat

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Harhar, you're an idiot. I'm glad spongedude spelled it out for you because I was finding it difficult to translate into "See Spot Run" format or something else base enough for even you to digest.

eatswell, you're obviously not the sharpest blade on the saw either. If you could read, you would notice I was making a point about a specific relationship between golf courses and water quality. As someone who spends as much time in the water as possible, I have a special interest in water quality, therefore I TRY not to support things that are PROVEN to be detrimental to that which I love. The relationship is proven, no environmentalist vs. whoever ideological argument needed, the sh!t is fact exactly like what happens to the water when sewage plants overflow due to excessive rain.

I still don't see how those of you attacking my statement found it in yourselves to completely over-apply meaning to what I said, well other than your apparent keyboard commandoism.

Bottom line, golf is a worthless game favored by fat people and alcoholics. If you need something to do when there aren't any waves, there are plenty of real sports out there for those not scared of breaking a sweat
    sounds like another educated elitist......

Sounds like someone who has never carried their clubs for 18 holes. Fat people and alcoholics? WTF are you talking about. Watch the Pro Tour for 5 minutes. I bet you won't see fat people playing. While you can play golf with a minimal level of physical fitness, you can't really play it that well. I am not much of a golfer, as I only play during corporate events or customer visitations. However, I think it is an interesting game and definitely considered a sport. I mean, after all, baseball is considered a sport. I have golfed and I have played baseball. Golfing definitely made me sweat more. Besides, who are you to judge what others do for a sport or activity?

Images
    I'm into just about anything outside and/or active.
    As for golf, I like it, but I plan to be good at it, when I can afford to be
    Definitely an expensive hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I'm into just about anything outside and/or active.
    As for golf, I like it, but I plan to be good at it, when I can afford to be
    Definitely an expensive hobby.
    Agreed. That is why I only play on the company dime.

I was making a point about a specific relationship between golf courses and water quality. As someone who spends as much time in the water as possible, I have a special interest in water quality, therefore I TRY not to support things that are PROVEN to be detrimental to that which I love.
    I would stop eating then, if I were you. Nothing pollutes our waterways like farm run off. Or, get off your soap box and realize just about everything we do as humans destroys this delicate planet we call earth.

Quote Originally Posted by wang View Post
    I would stop eating then, if I were you. Nothing pollutes our waterways like farm run off. Or, get off your soap box and realize just about everything we do as humans destroys this delicate planet we call earth.
    Truth. http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-james-...,5376688.story
    If you don't want to pollute the water, don't support farming, don't live in a city, and pretty much just kill yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Truth. http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-james-...,5376688.story
    If you don't want to pollute the water, don't support farming, don't live in a city, and pretty much just kill yourself.
    Very true.

9. Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I have golfed and I have played baseball. Golfing definitely made me sweat more.
    You're doing it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
    You're doing it wrong
    Lies. I am a runner and have been for the last 18 years. The small amount of running you do in baseball hardly even gets my heart rate up. At least with golfing I can lug my clubs around for a few miles. Baseball requires a lot of patience, as you stand around for half the game. At least it is more fun to watch. I don't know how people watch golf. If I am not playing it, I don't care to see it.