LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    My beloved fishcuit broke sometime in the last week. I went to pull it out today and noticed the swallow tail point was broke a half inch off and my plug and fin was out.

Im still trying to figure out wether it was my hatchback on my cars fault or me. I still havn't ruled out a act of vandalism haha

Images
    Go get some sun cure if the ding is small enough. costs like three bucks for a small little tube and like 6 or 7 for a big one. it dries in like 2 minutes if you have it in direct sunlight. slapped it on my funboard when i was learning and dinged it up and it has worked like a charm ever since. just make sure you apply it right so its flush with the rest of the fiberglass. If its too deep or too big, get an expert to do it.

And guys, stop hatin on gruvi. what else would you be doing on this forum if he was banned???
    However, gruvi, the only pitting you're gonna get on the east coast is in either larger surf (5-6+) or small shore pound barrels we all sit and dream about getting pitted in haha.
    Last edited by 757surfer; Sep 28, 2011 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    Im still trying to figure out wether it was my hatchback on my cars fault or me.
    Thats a pretty bizarre way to look at it - lets break it down

Broken you were surfing it = your fault.

Broken when you slammed the door on it = cars fault.

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Dudes,

I broke my funboard yesterday. I found out the fastest anyone can repair it is 3 to 4 days and by then I will already be out of town on vacation. I won't have a floaty board to catch waves enough to practice standing up. I need a beater board to buy from someone here that is close to Princeton NJ before this Thursday. I have that shortboard but no way close to even popping up on that one. I need an egg!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks
    G
    Gruvi have i got a deal for YOU!!!!

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...-fish-for-sale

I think you will love this board its fun, floaty and better than a egg shape. AND IM IN VA!!!
    Its got your name on it!!

Images
    You know the advice in this song really fits here.

Slow down, you move too fast.
    You got to make the morning last.
    Just kicking down the cobble stones.
    Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.

Ba da, Ba da, Ba da, Ba da...Feelin' Groovy.

Hello lamp-post,
    What cha knowin'?
    I've come to watch your flowers growin'.
    Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
    Doot-in' doo-doo,
    Feelin' groovy.

I've got no deeds to do,
    No promises to keep.
    I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
    Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
    Life, I love you,
    All is groovy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRbHk...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by inkdink View Post
    Gruvi have i got a deal for YOU!!!!

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...-fish-for-sale

I think you will love this board its fun, floaty and better than a egg shape. AND IM IN VA!!!
    Its got your name on it!!

hell yeah anything almond gets my p enis hard as ****, snag it if you can gruvi

Images
    Im telling you bro G- just get a bumper sticker and tape up your ding- it works- I use to do ding repair for a local shop. OR- Listen to johhnyutah and do your self a favor- buy a longboard, you will learn 10 times faster and have so much more fun!

Go rent a board...good god you are sooo needy.

seriously ban this clown

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyutah View Post
    Captain Gruvi dude, Take it from another 40+ surfer who learned how to surf well into adulthood... get a long board.
    That's the best advice I ever got when learning, and I foolishly ignored it. I started surfing when I was 40 and thought I would pick it up easily because I was fit, had good balance, and skateboarded for years, but I also live an hour from the beach so water time is limited. I wasted my first summer on a 7'6" performance mini-longboard. Never got close to standing up. I wasted my second summer on an 8' funboard which I could at least paddle easily and catch waves, but was still too shakey standing up. The third summer I bought a used 9'2" Robert August longboard. The very first wave I paddled for on that board I stood up and rode a wave for a few seconds. Granted, I had a couple of summers of practice, but I still regret disregarding everyone's advice about buying a long board. My poor board choices easily set me back a year in learning.

Do it! Just buy a longboard.