LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Favorite Local Shaper

Who is your favorite local shaper?

I'm from Manasquan nj and a huge fan of Chris Chaize. Awesome boards out of asbury park. would recommend him if anyones looking.

Not sure if this has been posted, just curious who else is down to keeping the boards local and surf some guys who make a living off their love for surfing

Jon Ashton

ashton shapes great, been doing it for many years. brian wynn still takes my #1 spot tho

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Jon Ashton
    +1 for Jon, I have a nice funboard he shaped for me when a friend of mine was glassing for him one summer in the late 80s.

I had a quad shaped by a guy up in Red Bank. I think his name was Tom Eaton? Anyone know about him? This was probably early 80s, Cheyne Horan "no nose" teardrop board days. He was a great guy, invited me to come up (from Stone Harbor) and talk with him about what I wanted, and then got be there for the whole shaping process in his shack. He'd stop and say "how do the rails feel, is that what you wanted?" Needless to say, the board came out perfectly. Is he still shaping?

The rest of my quiver was shaped by guys on the North Shore, when I had another friend working as a glasser there...

John Hague!!!

Will Allison
    Todd Sutz
    Honestly, I have only rode boards shaped by these guys (aside from cheap BIC boards).

7. I've always been a big fan of Bear. I use to go visit him on the pier when I was a kid. I would definitely pay him a visit if you were thinking about getting a board shaped for the next big swell.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJAQ View Post
    I had a quad shaped by a guy up in Red Bank. I think his name was Tom Eaton? Anyone know about him?
    Tom shapes for Island Style in Sea Bright and Cosmic Bull in Long Branch. He's been around a long time and is a very talented shaper. I've ridden several of his boards and they've all been quality shapes, longboards and shortboards.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Tom shapes for Island Style in Sea Bright and Cosmic Bull in Long Branch. He's been around a long time and is a very talented shaper. I've ridden several of his boards and they've all been quality shapes, longboards and shortboards.
    Sweet! If/when I'm in the market, I'll have to track him down. Thanks for the 411. A few clicks and there he is!

Images
    Does anyone here have a board from Brian Wynn? I've been thinking about getting a new board when I start working again next summer. Prices? Quality? Durability?