LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    852
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by superbust View Post
    Does anyone here have a board from Brian Wynn? I've been thinking about getting a new board when I start working again next summer. Prices? Quality? Durability?
    I got a Wynn this past summer and I love it. It's Resin X and seems really durable so far. It's gotten some serious pressure dents but none have delammed or anything like some other poly boards I've seen. Definitely talk to him about what you're interested in, you'll be stoked!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Belford, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    149
    Images
    1
    Its funny because every local shaper I've ever tried to email - I get no email back. Does anyone know a shaper that actually gives a **** about the board and the rider, is good, and knows how to reply back to an email?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Inland, near DC
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by John Doudoukjian View Post
    Its funny because every local shaper I've ever tried to email - I get no email back. Does anyone know a shaper that actually gives a **** about the board and the rider, is good, and knows how to reply back to an email?
    Shapers can be tough to track down/get a hold of. They don't always have the best business/people/communication/tech skills. If they are good, it is worth the effort. Do you want the best shaper, or the best shaper that answers emails?

  4. #14
    I never got an e mail from you, www.mahadysurfboards.com www.mahadysurfboards.blogspot.com.
    E mail is tjrm63@optonline.net.
    Located Wall NJ
    My blog has all my latest boards.
    And I give a F%$k about my boards and the riders.

  5. #15
    Tom Mahady out of wall makes awesome boards i haave a few from him. Shapes real quality boards reply back for more info. His boards are eaisly the best boards i have ridden

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,484
    Images
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Jon Ashton
    Agree...he's real good. Ive had two great longboards from Jon, a 6'6" egg that is the best board i've ever ridden, 7'0" travel step-up, 6'0" bat tail quad.

  7. #17
    my old man. He will keep tweaking and shaving and tinkering with a shape until I literally have to break into the garage and take it to the glasser. Not THAT is a labor of love. It has been cool picking up some tricks of the trade along the way also.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJAQ View Post
    Shapers can be tough to track down/get a hold of. They don't always have the best business/people/communication/tech skills. If they are good, it is worth the effort. Do you want the best shaper, or the best shaper that answers emails?
    Imagine how long you'll have to wait for a board if they can't answer a simple email or return a call.

    Tom Mahady is ultra-communicative, sending pics of the board as it's in progress. Now that's customer service.

    We have a few of his boards at the shop if you want to take a look at the quality or contact him and visit his shop in Wall.

    ~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Inland, near DC
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlight View Post
    Imagine how long you'll have to wait for a board if they can't answer a simple email or return a call.

    Tom Mahady is ultra-communicative, sending pics of the board as it's in progress. Now that's customer service.

    We have a few of his boards at the shop if you want to take a look at the quality or contact him and visit his shop in Wall.

    ~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience
    I checked out his page. I like the look of some of those boards. Found this in the testimonials:
    Though too big for me at (put red board dimensions here), it performs!
    Wonder what the dimensions are... ?!?! Inquiring minds want to know what the magic red carpet looks like.

  10. #20
    The Red board's dimensions are 9'2"x3"x23" single fin, high performance longboard made for Jersey waves. Come on over to my shop in Wall and try it out and if you want to try some shortboards and other funky hybrids I made Go to Greenlight's Shop in Belmar and you can try them. If I have the boards on hand I let anyone try them, this way they can get a feel for what they want in a custom or buy the one they just used. I have more testimonials on my blog as well as Swaylocks which I've been a member since 2006 under the user name tjrm63. Making surfboards is my passion in life and I do everything from start to finish. Eps,PU,Epoxy, Poly, HP shortboard to HP and classic Longboards, Mini Simmons to Fishes. Every board is tailored made to each surfers needs and expectations, if you are passionate about surfing shouldn't you find a shaper that is passionate about making them.
    Thank You
    Tom Mahady