LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ophelia is back

Images

Ophelia is back

Ophelia is back in action and anticipated to go hurricane status:

This would send some fun sized SE swells from OBX northward for the weekend.

can I get a HELL YEAH!

Images
    what the hell?? I wrote ohpeilia off last friday. sick! o and HELL YEA haha

awwwwwww yeeeaahhhhh

Images
    what about VA beach...looking a bit choppy and windy..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    what about VA beach...looking a bit choppy and windy..
    thats not my fault

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    thats not my fault
    hahaha i guess not...but the forecast has been a bit less clean than forecasted for VA Beach. If you want, next time it calls for a clean day (can't remember off the top of my head the nexy day) check out some surfline cams and compare the forecast to what you see..size has been smaller than forecasted too. I know it probably isn't you, but the computer models yada yada yada but maybe you can look into it.

This is what we should all be talking about instead of Gruvi's broken board. What a pleasant surprise to see Ophelia rear her head again.

cat 3! wouldn't be surprised to see that forecast jump up a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    hahaha i guess not...but the forecast has been a bit less clean than forecasted for VA Beach. If you want, next time it calls for a clean day (can't remember off the top of my head the nexy day) check out some surfline cams and compare the forecast to what you see..size has been smaller than forecasted too. I know it probably isn't you, but the computer models yada yada yada but maybe you can look into it.
    Welcome to VB bro. We are sheltered from a lot of the wind that plagues obx and Eastern shore but we are also tucked further inland (therefore further up the shelf) so the swells rarely have as much gusto as they do down south. IF swellinfo says chest high in VB expect the occasional chest high set. Now if swellinfo says chest high in rodanthe expect to see some drainers.