LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

surfing mags suck these days

$6 an issue, 45 pages of ads. Now that's some bullsh*t. I dare you to justify it... I dare you....

Images
    agreed... little content and lots of ads.

Images
    yup just looked at the one with one of the gudaskas brothers on it and there was like 3 stories and a schload of ads. I mean i don't care if they have pictures of hot babes in there but the wetsuit stuff and the clothing....i can go to a store or online for that.... Surfer mag tends to have better quality articles than surfing mag. send letters or emails to the editor about how the content needs to be the focal point in them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    yup just looked at the one with one of the gudaskas brothers on it and there was like 3 stories and a schload of ads. I mean i don't care if they have pictures of hot babes in there but the wetsuit stuff and the clothing....i can go to a store or online for that.... Surfer mag tends to have better quality articles than surfing mag. send letters or emails to the editor about how the content needs to be the focal point in them.
    It is interesting, because the same parent company owns both Surfer and Surfing.

hmmmm......

I agree with the content/ad ratio. But to be honest, if you are buying surf mags at the news stand you are an idiot. It's about 12 bucks for 24 issues if you just subscribe.

Ah. . . who am I kidding, i just let all my mag subscriptions lapse. Your right, they suck.

No need to buy mags when all the surf news is on surfline a day after it happens.

magazines are junk, same stuff evey month. good article once in a blue moon. but 3 words come to mind. The Surfers Journal. if you havent picked one up, you shuld. yes they are pricey but well worth it.

they should at least put some naked chicks in them...

9. A subscription is a few bucks I dont know why you'd buy them individually..

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
    A subscription is a few bucks I dont know why you'd buy them individually..
    sometimes you gotta grab one on the go.

And for the surfline argument.... that very philosophy is probably why the quality of magazines has become what it is.

surfer = surfing = transworld surf, for what it's worth.

Surfer's Journal is sick but it is hard to get behind them as expensive as they are. I don't often drop $12 on a magazine but when I do, It's a surfers Journal. Maybe ill look into a subscription.

ESM is ok because it's local but still over priced and full of ads. I do love 2M's work, but .. (insert foot in mouth) I can see them all on facebook.