surfer's journal can suck lately,too.it used to be good,but now there's all this crappy 'surf art,' environment crap, non-surfer crap and non-surfing crap.every 3 or 4 issues is decent,but the new mag sucks.
Results 21 to 23 of 23
Thread: surfing mags suck these days
Sep 29, 2011, 02:31 AM #21Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2008
Sep 29, 2011, 03:54 AM #22
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
- North Wildwood ,Nj
I am a big fan of SJ cause it goes off the path and looks at all aspects of surfing and whats going in the in the culture of Surfing. I get a Mag out of Aus called Glide it comes out 4 times a year and it mostly about logging and anything no thruster realted . ESM is great cause it keeps you current in the local seen of your area but there are some great articles in there also . Plus its pretty cool to see people or you self in it every now and then too
Sep 29, 2011, 07:17 AM #23
As for the big 3, sh!t yea bro-seph! I just upped my core score by a billion points!
1. I LOVE keeping up with the latest boardshort fashions.
2. Neon wetsuits are the sh!t, totally worth the extra 100 bucks to look like a fruitcake.
3. Who cares about surfing history, or style in general? Just bow down and worship the super groms.
4. Publicize the crap out of NY and OBX. It'll be so cool if the pro's come every year to photo whore in the fall.
5. It's not about being different. It's about doing whatever the surf image REQUIRES. You don't even have to think. Just do as you're told. You don't even have to realize you're being told. Just absorb and obey.
Big surf 'culture' can suck it (just my opinion).