LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

If you are real

Gruvi, if you want attention, drama, meet people, try white water kayaking, and join a kayaking club. From my limited experience surfing is an individual activity. Surfers resent people invading their space, experience, waves, and lifestyle. Your demanding of “instant acceptance” in the surfing community is not going to work (obviously).

If there are just a few people out I’ve always have had fun just being a total klutz but having fun riding waves on my belly, knees, feet, and sometimes head. If there are a lot of people out it are hard to stay out of the way, doge SUPs, and I get tired of dirty looks (not a fun experience).

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Isn't it ironic that you state this, yet I have yet to personally attack anyones identity in this forum. To an intelligent mind, one would see it's quite the opposite, regarding any attention seeking by me; it's literally you and some select others presenting with psychological issues. And you don't matter anyway, as I am currently sitting outside the surf shop in chinky awaiting them to open so I can drop my board off for repair. I drove since 4 am and its sad to sit here reading some of peoples rude replies. Evidently you should take on another hobby since surfing isn't helping brighten your mood at all.
    maybe you should take a hint (4 pages worth of posts) and understand that your conduct on this forum has been nothing short of extremely annoying to the point where people literally can not tell if you're a serious person or just trying to troll them. adjust your attitude and approach and maybe things will change.

Images
    Gruvi is the biggest freaking gruvi.......it's not even funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the best post ever.... GRUVI with a no paddle over the falls drop in!
    haha

Gruvi is a senior member and I'm not?!! C'mon dude, I'm a newb too, get in the water, you'll figure it out! Surf w/people you know and ask them.

this is a time bomb ticking

And you don't matter anyway, as I am currently sitting outside the surf shop in chinky awaiting them to open so I can drop my board off for repair. I drove since 4 am and its sad to sit here reading some of peoples rude replies. Evidently you should take on another hobby since surfing isn't helping brighten your mood at all.
    OK ok, first off, why aren't you taking anyones advice? Why aren't you just going to rent a board or put a sticker over the little baby ding that i'm sure it is. and don't tell a surfer on this forum that he should get another hobby. thats quite the insult. you have your head so far up your butt that you are oblivious to any advice that someone tries to give you on here.

I say "aye" in the banning of Gruvi, because only of his abusive behavior of the forum, his relentless useless forums, his lack of taking good advice from surfers that know what they are talking about, and his obliviousness to what he's destructing on this forum that many people, including myself, have enjoyed reading, and arguing, over the past years.

Talking

Isn't it ironic that you state this, yet I have yet to personally attack anyones identity in this forum. To an intelligent mind, one would see it's quite the opposite, regarding any attention seeking by me; it's literally you and some select others presenting with psychological issues. And you don't matter anyway, as I am currently sitting outside the surf shop in chinky awaiting them to open so I can drop my board off for repair. I drove since 4 am and its sad to sit here reading some of peoples rude replies. Evidently you should take on another hobby since surfing isn't helping brighten your mood at all.
    I have taken your advice Gruvman and I have taken up baking. I currently have pumpkin muffins in the oven...smells yummy! My mood is so much better now, thank you!

seriously man, i hope you don't act like this in the water or at least have enough common sense to go to uncrowded breaks.

Surfers resent people invading their space, experience, waves, and lifestyle. Your demanding of “instant acceptance” in the surfing community is not going to work
    what this guy said is spot on. this is not a typical sport that can be learned quickly. it takes YEARS to get proficient and most guys who already know what they are about will demand that dues be paid to get there. no amount of internet advise will shorten that path for you, only water time will do that. about the only thing that MIGHT help you get accepted in the water is surfing in winter but even then you need to be respectful, follow etiquette and keep your mouth shut. I'm not gonna sugar coat it for you and feed you line of crap, if you want it bad enough, you WILL pay your dues then you will get where you want to be. no amount of shortcuts will work.
    Last edited by aka pumpmaster; Sep 29, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    seriously man, i hope you don't act like this in the water or at least have enough common sense to go to uncrowded breaks.
    As if! Go back and look at this guys very first post on Swellinfo - pretty much says it all. Surfing right next to the Belmar Pro and getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruvi
    I was walking to a boardwalk bench after coming out of the free surf area near the longboard warm up area, where a shortboard rider narrowly missed me by about a foot (I swear my lane was clear in front and back as I paddled out). Shook me enough to get out of the busy water.

Images
    honestly the way you guys are reacting to gruvi is pretty ridiculous. if you're so "annoyed" by his two threads up right now, why are you even reading them. if you see a post with his name under it, just ignore it if it stresses you out that much. go about your business on the forum like you usually would and don't go into these threads hunting for gruvi's crazy posts

can't we just put this to a vote (to bad or not to ban)? Somebody start a thread with one of those voting things at the top and then we'll just be done with it.