LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Awesome picture but hordes of people from lower slower de? Come on theres not that many people lol

Images

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    Well, since you've already been pounded into the sand, (one of the blessings of not having a round rock bottom like Trestles) you know that with OCM waves you need to be up and moving quickly. It's not just about board length but a board's ability to plane quickly is even more important. Otherwise, waves like the one below from 46th street will run right past you; and don't listen to Vah Beachers, they know very little about OCM waves or populations. Having worked on the census last year, the off season is lucky to have 8,000 people around in this 10 mile stretch, and very few of them surf unless you count the hordes of invaders from Lower Slower Delaware.

To be more specific, I was high and low. The normal population in 2009 was 7000, the summer time weekend population runs from 320,000-345,000. And thank you very much I have been to Ocean City, MD tons of times, and by tons I mean around 50. So after visiting a solid 50 times means I have a vivid idea on how the waves break there. And it isn't like it is some mysterious unheard of break either, so you don't need to live there to understand the wave. Obviously, you haven't paid attention to my past posts where I had said I recently moved to VA Beach... So don't go quoting me and saying I don't know ****

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    you haven't paid attention to my past posts where I had said I recently moved to VA Beach...
    SSsshhhhh.

Yo, I remember that day MDSurfer, Noel, wind switched hard offshore, sun came out, and you had to have it in you to even attempt it. I. Got. Pounded. Biggest waves Ive ever seen in OC.

Images
    Yes, hi, welcome back home to Maryland. I'm going to be here on AI via maddox blvd in CI and you are welcome to join me and may be more others on Saturday. But notice its to be on 60 degree air temps so wear warm suit. I brought down my 4/3 and may even wear my rash guard under it tied to speedos. I heard from good source tomorrow is good and weekend to with 2 to 3 waves til Wednesday, then gets bigger. Have fun and reach me if you want to drive to here. I'm new. I hope you won't mind that if you come here but the crew is very good!
    Gruvi, you just overplayed your hand. I am now sure you are a fake .

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    Did you mean the left coast?
    ummm yes. long week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Gruvi, you just overplayed your hand. I am now sure you are a fake .
    Are you serious? I'm not a unicorn. I'm a real kook or whatever you want to label me. I have plans to go there Sunday if I'm not watching football and NLDS games in a bar off main street. Then on Monday I will be on AI again with my coach. Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Are you serious? I'm not a unicorn. I'm a real kook or whatever you want to label me. I have plans to go there Sunday if I'm not watching football and NLDS games in a bar off main street. Then on Monday I will be on AI again with my coach. Big deal.
    Ha! Do ya thang Gruv! But, you have a coach? Bra, just get your board, get yer speedo/rashgaurd tie combo what ever you were talking about, throw on that heavy 4/3 and just surf your brains out in AI. surf coach not required! It's all about watching other and finding that balance with your board. The more comfortable you ware with your board and your surroundings, the better the surfer.

Super Fish - 350,000 people in OCMD! holy smokes hombre I had no idea it was that massive. never been there myself. i live somewhat near OCNJ and it doesn't even compare.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    Ha! Do ya thang Gruv! But, you have a coach? Bra, just get your board, get yer speedo/rashgaurd tie combo what ever you were talking about, throw on that heavy 4/3 and just surf your brains out in AI. surf coach not required! It's all about watching other and finding that balance with your board. The more comfortable you ware with your board and your surroundings, the better the surfer.

Super Fish - 350,000 people in OCMD! holy smokes hombre I had no idea it was that massive. never been there myself. i live somewhat near OCNJ and it doesn't even compare.
    yeah ocean city md and ocean city nj are totally different towns. Ocean city, md is a lot more bigger and actually extends inland also. Besides not being a dry town, they have a lot more events on the boardwalk and a huge convention center that hosts a bunch of different things, such as car shows, throughout the year. They also have go-carts that have more than a figure 8 like the one by 8th st or 11th in oc nj haha. I and along with thousands others, love crabs which also draws a lot of people there. If you ever get a chance, travel there and compare towns.

Images
    Ocean City Md's off season population is only around 8000 people. Worcester County has only 50,000 people year round and thats including Ocean City! . I grew up in Middletown NJ and the population was around 70,000 and the county was up around 600,000! You could go your whole life there and not run into someone you knew. The first thing I learned moving here is that everyone knows everyone or is related one way or another. It's really a small town outside of the 3 summer months.

Images
    So Fish, in those 50 trips to OCM, you really can rattle off the important things, like go karts, crabs, and of course car shows. For the record, you have no idea what OCM is or breaks like, even after 50 trips here. "Go Fish"