LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

September in review

what was everyones thoughts on this past September? Terrible...Epic...somewhere in the middle?
    my view may be skewed since i was living in nicaragua for the summer and use to great waves just about everyday but personally i thought s. jersey was just average

If we are counting Irene (one of the best swells I ever surfed in Jersey) in for Sept. than it was a well above average September.

Images
    I think September was pretty good..not EPIC but good. Better than the rest of the summer ha

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnurider7 View Post
    what was everyones thoughts on this past September? Terrible...Epic...somewhere in the middle?
    my view may be skewed since i was living in nicaragua for the summer and use to great waves just about everyday but personally i thought s. jersey was just average

definitely pretty awesome. there was a 10-day period or so with constant surfable swell

true, i didnt get to surf the irene swell, i came back like 2 days after the swell hit. i saw some great pics tho.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnurider7 View Post
    September in Delmarva struck me as very consistent. You easily could have surfed waist high or better and semi-clean to clean 20+ days in September just checking Delaware and OCMD (to me thats about as consist as the east coast gets) but there were VERY FEW standout days.

september was pretty good but why didnt you just title your thread 'hey everyone guess where i was all summer' instead cuz that was your point, right?

i was not that impressed with this September. But it was way better then summer mush so i have no complaints.

Images
    I thought this September was great. I surfed almost every day for 3 weeks other than the crazy messy days. So many fun medium sized days and a few bigger clean days.

Remarkably consistent... with variable conditions. Being able to surf several days in a row, several times throughout the month, with some days being really good. I would certainly consider the day of Irene "epic," if you got it earlier in the day, but technically, that was August.