LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Night Surfing

Night Surfing

Ever since I've started surfing I've wanted to do it at night. Any place in South Jersey where it can be done because of the lighting? I was thinking maybe Atlantic City because the boardwalks so bright in some places like near The Pier. I've also seen places in surf movies where they have floodlights on for surfing competitions at night.. any places like that around here?

I've done it in vb a couple times, it's fun - get more of those weird sketchy feelings at night than you do in the day though haha

Images
    Full moon on a clear night would help. Did it many years ago in Wrightsville (naked to boot). Isn't most sea life nocturnal? Welcome to the food chain! LOL

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrEgApHeR View Post
    Full moon on a clear night would help. Did it many years ago in Wrightsville (naked to boot). Isn't most sea life nocturnal? Welcome to the food chain! LOL
    I will let the night surfing up to you guys, I want to keep my legs.

i surfed pier village in long branch infront of the club Avenue in the dark before, it was def sketchy bc ur surfing near the rock jetty.

they put the lights on the surf behind surf club a couple times a year and run tow ins. i dont think any old a$$hole can go out though

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    I will let the night surfing up to you guys, I want to keep my legs.
    roger that. i feel like bait dangling in the black water

About 4 years ago,my buddy and I were surfing are local break.We started surfing right before dark.The water was red.As it got dark out, my buddys riding one in and starts yelling.He thought something was Following him.The water was lighting up bright blue.It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.As the waves were breaking it would light up.Even when you would move your arm a streak of bright blue would follow with a trail.There was a full moon which even made it more pronounced.It was actually about this time of year when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    About 4 years ago,my buddy and I were surfing are local break.We started surfing right before dark.The water was red.As it got dark out, my buddys riding one in and starts yelling.He thought something was Following him.The water was lighting up bright blue.It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.As the waves were breaking it would light up.Even when you would move your arm a streak of bright blue would follow with a trail.There was a full moon which even made it more pronounced.It was actually about this time of year when it happened.
    Trippy....it's amazing how there are all these particles of matter around us that we never see. A few years ago around this time there was some type of solar strom in the sun and it caused the oxygen and nitrogen particles in our atmosphere to be scene during sunset. The sky looked like it was melting blue and red all around the horizon. It was by far the most surreal feeling I ever had

i've done it in AC on an E swell w/ no wind about chest high. it was actually pretty scary w/ the current and the fact that there was a bit of size. the lights from the pier/bldgs were enough to tell the sets apart but it honestly wasn't very fun.