LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jchafard View Post
    That was me. Tell me you were the guy that said, "I'm waiting until later, it's too epic for me right now."
    hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jchafard View Post
    That was me. Tell me you were the guy that said, "I'm waiting until later, it's too epic for me right now."
    haha epic Gruvi!!! i like you more and more everyday bro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    Gruv you can come learn at our break down in VB any day you want

please don't. i'd like to stay gruvi free in my line-up

gruvi just stop. Read the forums. Post when you have something that you actually think we care about. Surfing is not a group hug. Nobody is going to hold your hand in your attempt to stop being a kook, (but you are likely just a barney). You do seem interested in etiquette and improvement so that actually excludes you from the kook category.

Want to learn how to surf like the pros? Watch them. Over and over. Watch all of the surf movies that you can get your hands on. Read books by the greats like Occy and Gerry Lopez and Slater. Go surfing all of the time. You can surf in onshores, it's just not very glamorous. If you can shred in chop than you can really unload when you get some good waves. You have stoke and that means that you will learn. Don;t waste it on a forum, wax up and surf more.

Surf surf surf, but shut the f*ck up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Double Over-toe View Post
    please don't. i'd like to stay gruvi free in my line-up
    yeah I think between 1st street and the north end VB can't handle another barney. The ocean will explode.

Images
    hold on!
    Does Gruvi surf in Virginia Beach?
    Is he from Pennsylvania? Does he just take road trips?
    Does he have aspergers or maybe autism?
    His email sounded kind out of touch. It sounded like when people humor handicapped folks becuase they want to be nice...

7. ^^^Chill out bro everyone was pretty supportive no need to change the vibe

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
    ^^^Chill out bro everyone was pretty supportive no need to change the vibe
    I gave him sound advice. No need to coddle this "senior member" any more.

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    Hi Dudes.
    Just writing that I'm still on AI and will be surfing all week here. Trying to get used to the bi fin fish. I mean I'm trying to catch a wave on it after I get used to where board wants to have me on it and I learn how much more paddle stroke it needs to hook up with a wave. My funboard being repaired and ready for this Thursday is so much easier to paddle and grab waves. I can't wait to bond with the fish. I had a guy want to buy it from me at the beach yesterday and his exhuberance about wanting it told me I got a board that's gotta be worth getting to know.
    Now I know many here won't believe me- I went out yesterday, Sunday and out toward head high lips. I learned paddling out was so hard and tiring and I am impressed I even got to the edge of the inside. Less than 30 feet away from the line up; My arms were too tired to carry me further. What a workout though. I was told by one of the surf shop guys I'm not a real kook if I \"charged out into board breakin' waves\". And I really did try but I am so sore today. I took day off to rest and will go out again tomorrow 10/4.
    I also restarted using a useless Twitter account to share with guys that may want to twit back advice as they read my daily tweets about my surfing outings. My twitter ID is gruvi12 if you want to follow along with a guy trying hard to rid his \"Kook\"
    Thanks for any more advice Guys!
    G

happens to the best of us.. and don't kid yourself. It has happened to aalllll of us. Don't worry tho. If you stick with this and get your water time in next hurricane season will be your best. That will be your next chance at tackling OH. I remember last year during Igor I paddled out in OH and damn near sh*t myself. But I went out on Sunday and caught my fair share of bombs. What scared me sh*tless last year got me stoked out of my mind this year. That was some serious satisfaction for me. I remember you posting that you aren't sure if your going to surf winter or not. If you think you are serious about surfing you had better go buy a winter wetsuit. No one ever got good by throwing in the towel for 5 monthes out of the year. I promise you if put the water time in, by next hurricane season the same waves that denied you this year will seem alot more fun then scary.

everything that dark fall and dean randazzo stand for is destroyed by gruvi