LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Senseless Act

A Senseless Act

http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and-...le-killer-1285

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44801556...ent/?GT1=43001

This whale could have been shot anywhere along the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast Forum vicinity. Figured a lot of you may fish, or know someone who does fish.

Anybody feel like helping to raise funds to increase the reward so this person can be brought to justice? I can't see any excuse for this action.

Images
    some people are disgusting. why would anyone do that

Images
    I follow a guy on Twitter that was bragging about hunting a whale not to long ago. Could be the person responsible. The only real info I can find on him is his picture and its one of the those dumb instagrams.

call me Ishmael

Paddle for the Pilot

Manasquan Inlet to Allenhurst NJ, Paddle for the Pilot Whale.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I will be paddling a 14ft prone paddleboard from Manasquan Inlet to Allenhurst, NJ, where the pilot whale took its last breath, in an effort to raise money for Sea Shepherd, specifically to increase their reward money being offered. I will be departing Manasquan Inlet, at sunrise...7am sharp this Sunday, October 9, arriving at Allenhurst sometime around 10am. If you care that much, show up with a check for Sea Shepherd, with Pilot Whale Reward written on it. Money talks, BS walks. It's going to be sunny and 80 out that day. Grab your morning coffee and head to the beach and enjoy the morning breeze for this cause. I already contacted Sea Shepherd regarding this and want to see this reward increased. All money raised will go towards this reward!

Thank you.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7 View Post
    Manasquan Inlet to Allenhurst NJ, Paddle for the Pilot Whale.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I will be paddling a 14ft prone paddleboard from Manasquan Inlet to Allenhurst, NJ, where the pilot whale took its last breath, in an effort to raise money for Sea Shepherd, specifically to increase their reward money being offered. I will be departing Manasquan Inlet, at sunrise...7am sharp this Sunday, October 9, arriving at Allenhurst sometime around 10am. If you care that much, show up with a check for Sea Shepherd, with Pilot Whale Reward written on it. Money talks, BS walks. It's going to be sunny and 80 out that day. Grab your morning coffee and head to the beach and enjoy the morning breeze for this cause. I already contacted Sea Shepherd regarding this and want to see this reward increased. All money raised will go towards this reward!

Thank you.
    wait are you the one doing this?

Yup, to see a dead whale shot by a bullet around the local beach makes me want to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7 View Post
    Yup, to see a dead whale shot by a bullet around the local beach makes me want to do something.
    Couple years ago I saw a whale off Avon and followed it to Asbury.I was on a jetty when I first saw it .I got some decent shots of it.It was a really cool site to see.Goodluck on Sunday.

Way to go Ryan! It's refreshing to see a positive, beneficial post, especially amidst all the (probably) trolling lately. I'm in vb (and pretty broke) but let me know where to send a check and I will do what I can.

this is the only interesting/worthwhile thread on the front page of the forum right now. way to go, ryan! good luck!