LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Apps

Hybrid View

College Apps

Looking to throw a couple apps in colleges where i will be able to surf, and have someone people there to surf with. Does anyone know anything about College of Charleston or UNC Wilmington that could help sway my decision? Or any other recommendations for schools on the east coast, other than Flagler or any others in Florida?

monmouth, UCSB, URI, Roger Williams

Try applying to UNF in Jacksonville, FL. The campus is about a 10-15 minute drive from the water, plenty of apartments and rentable homes nearby. They have a variety of education programs too, but the most common major is Business. Decent Engineering and Comp Sci programs too

If you can do it, do it right, go west man. Screw being closer to home, its a chance of a lifetime, go WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I go to uncw. uncw is probably the best surf school on the east coast, but if you can go west, DO IT! uncw is killer though, water is still like 75 degrees here. i picked this place over flagler and cofc because flagler is too small, cofc is too flat and too southern (like, really southern preppy bow tie fratty boys). uncw is very well rounded in academics, babes, waves, warmth, city, and beach. you can buy beer anywhere also. Has a great business program (that i'm in) and a good education and nursing. also we are a world renowned marine biology program

Hope this doesn't take any wind out of your sails but this is real talk right here: if your parents are paying, don't be a d*ck, stay in state. If you are borrowing, then don't be an idiot, stay in state.

I don't know where you live but I went to ODU in virginia and it was about 20-25 minutes to vb and an hour and change down to obx.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Hope this doesn't take any wind out of your sails but this is real talk right here: if your parents are paying, don't be a d*ck, stay in state. If you are borrowing, then don't be an idiot, stay in state.

I don't know where you live but I went to ODU in virginia and it was about 20-25 minutes to vb and an hour and change down to obx.
    Second this! Also will add be sure to major in something where you can actually get a job when you graduate!

instead of starting a new thread bringing this one back to life there is a lot of talk about east coast schools, I am looking to get out of here and move west any experiences or advice in any California colleges?? any input would help.

I'm a senior this year, I already got into ODU, I also applied to URI in Kingtons, Roger Williams in Bristol, RI, Salve Regina which overlooks Ruggles, UCSB, UCSD, and UCSC, and am thinking about college of charleston or UNCW. if money isnt an issue, have good grades, and dont care about not being close to home, definitely head to one of those 3 UC's. Santa barbara has their own surf break on campus, ucsc is 5 minutes from the ocean, and UCSD is right next to blacks beach. I'm trying to figure out what to do as well, and it all depends on where i get in.

Images

better have a backup plan.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bfsurfside4 View Post
    I'm a senior this year, I already got into ODU, I also applied to ... UCSB, UCSD, and UCSC.... if money isnt an issue, have good grades, and dont care about not being close to home, definitely head to one of those 3 UC's. Santa barbara has their own surf break on campus, ucsc is 5 minutes from the ocean, and UCSD is right next to blacks beach. I'm trying to figure out what to do as well, and it all depends on where i get in.

you might want to check out the admission stats lately because in recent years UC and Cal State have turned away students who had already been accepted due to mid-year budget cuts. (private cal schools are not affected). good luck man