LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: College Apps

super fish, you must be pointing to that soft spot in my heart....

@ Gnar and RobG, there are places that get extremely epic in this area of NC--you just need to know where to go and when. I'm sure you both know Crystal is not it, it's a kook magnet just like C-street (something to do with the web cams you think?). There are a handful of other better spots on Wrightsville and even more if you can hop in a car and get to them. I'm talking from the Brunswick County Beaches up to Topsail--no more than 45 minutes away from mid-town if you're not in traffic. Forget about Mase too, it's rarely good enough to warrant being elbow to elbow with 200 of your closest friends.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    super fish, you must be pointing to that soft spot in my heart....

@ Gnar and RobG, there are places that get extremely epic in this area of NC--you just need to know where to go and when. I'm sure you both know Crystal is not it, it's a kook magnet just like C-street (something to do with the web cams you think?). There are a handful of other better spots on Wrightsville and even more if you can hop in a car and get to them. I'm talking from the Brunswick County Beaches up to Topsail--no more than 45 minutes away from mid-town if you're not in traffic. Forget about Mase too, it's rarely good enough to warrant being elbow to elbow with 200 of your closest friends.
    im not sure if your bsing my spot or anything but i have scored crystal when barely anyone is out there. if you surf there come on up and say hi to me im usually always with the hawaiian guy named tiko. dont be afraid.

CofC

I go to college of charleston and i have been surfing about 4-5 days a week. hard school to beat man

4. i go to ODU man, and i like it, its pretty close to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    im not sure if your bsing my spot or anything but i have scored crystal when barely anyone is out there. if you surf there come on up and say hi to me im usually always with the hawaiian guy named tiko. dont be afraid.
    AH so the dudes name is Tiko. I surfed basically next to you a few days ago. Tiko looks just like the grandfather from johnny tsunami. i don't understand, WBsurfer, you talk about all these "secret spots" yet i see you out every day on a blue foam board next to oceanic while everyone else is on shortboards.

and erock, i do ned to get out and surf other spots. I live on campus and my buddy has a house right down the street from crystals so its just easy for me to go there, for a parking spot ($2 AN HOUR!!!!!!) and a shower. Scored mase big time last week though

wbsurfer, of course you can score it good at crystal when it's not crowded but it is VERY rare. Plus I'm sure I've been surfing it much much longer than it has been *your* spot if that's how you're trying to be about it. So, enough of your little girl veiled threats.

@Gnar: CB hasn't been working very well lately, but it can be better than WB with much more room to spread out. Plus they don't bend you over with parking so bad.

Images
    wbsurfer, of course you can score it good at crystal when it's not crowded but it is VERY rare. Plus I'm sure I've been surfing it much much longer than it has been *your* spot if that's how you're trying to be about it. So, enough of your little girl veiled threats.

@Gnar: CB hasn't been working very well lately, but it can be better than WB with much more room to spread out. Plus they don't bend you over with parking so bad.
    I lived in CB when I was down there, seemed to have more punch than WB. Last few times I visited the sandbars were all messed up though. I love it there, hopefully my fiancÚ and I will be moving there next summer, been looking at condos and jobs.

I know. i saw the pictures of katia....i was bummed. i was gonna go, i blew it big time. i need to start getting my act together. theres a lot more competition down here though, i'll saw that these waves compared to NJ and the competition make me progress much faster than me being one of the better surfers at my home break. thats cool.

Dude go to Salisbury. Only a half hour from Ocean City. Thats where I go and it is so rad. House parties are nuts, the girls are hot, and the classes are cake. Ocean City has the best break on the East Coast and Seacrets is the best bar around. They always have some jamming reggae band playing that always gets me and my bros amped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandytoes2 View Post
    Dude go to Salisbury. Only a half hour from Ocean City. Thats where I go and it is so rad. House parties are nuts, the girls are hot, and the classes are cake. Ocean City has the best break on the East Coast and Seacrets is the best bar around. They always have some jamming reggae band playing that always gets me and my bros amped.
    I'll have to tell the school that I am withholding my alumni checks unto they kick your kook ass out.