LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Does anyone else HATE the cold?

It seems I'm always a step ahead of everyone else when it comes to wetsuits-- I wore a suit all year this year (summer time I had a short sleeve full on nearly every day with an exception of a few days trunking it).

It's not necessarily the water temp that makes me cold, but the air temp really gets to me. I'm already considering a 4/3 if this air temp doesn't warm up soon. Given I'm a smaller guy with practically no body fat, I wish I had a higher temperature tolerance.

I'm not sure if it's a "I'm too tough" mentality or what, but I'm not afraid to slip into a thicker suit early on.

Anyone else hate the cold?

Images
    I wouldnt say I hate the cold, I actually really like winter but I'm in the same boat as you. I'm small and skinny and get chilly pretty easily when I'm out in the water. I wore a short sleeve full almost all summer in NJ, mostly because I would surf DP and the air doesn't really warm up until the sun comes up.

I'm good in my 3/2 now though, it all depends on how nice your suit is and how well it fits, it'll be a while before I break out the 4/3, the waters still nice and warm...

nope...but i'm a bigger guy w/ a bit of "padding" to help keep me warm. but i never really minded the cold, even when i was younger & thinner. the air temp the past few days (& the wind yesterday) was pretty surprising, considering last week i was in a wetsuit top & trunks. those are packed away now, & i've got my 3/2 out...i think if the air were a touch warmer, i'd still be able to get away w/ a longsleeve spring or shortsleeve full.

Smile open your clam

Seems like your clam is a little tight.

maybe a flathead to pry it open?

maybe a better wetsuit?

you may have to have your clam slammed to break it open.

no... definitely not

Images
    I don't mind that cold that much. As long as you have a good sealed seam wetsuit. I wear underarmour under my 4/3 and it gets me threw the winter. As long as its above 35 air temp. Im going to get a 5/4 with attached hood this year. I won't get in freezing conditions anymore. Atleast i say that now haha. If its offshore and chest to head with workable walls i have to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by bface View Post
    seems like your clam is a little tight.

Maybe a flathead to pry it open?

Maybe a better wetsuit?

You may have to have your clam slammed to break it open.
    dang!.......

over it

im over cold water waves. its just not for me anymore. but kudos to those who enjoy it. i wish i could. and even more props to the guys charging the cold water xxl stuff.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    another troll!??! he has to be, nobody but gruvi the troll can make such kook statements defending his non-kook status. its like he defends himself against kook-hood by saying summer surf is the best time of year to get barrels. its mind-blowing

Quote Originally Posted by gnurider7 View Post
    im over cold water waves. its just not for me anymore. but kudos to those who enjoy it. i wish i could. and even more props to the guys charging the cold water xxl stuff.
    k back on topic...

i despise cold water, hate it beyond all hell. i still surf year-round, but god i already miss the summer warmth

Of course I hate the cold. everyone does. it blows. doens't mean i won't be out when ever theres waves. if i need to be wearing 15lbs of neoprene to surf head high perfect surf with no one than so be it. doesn't mean i wish the water was 80 degrees.

oh and sandysurfer,
    YOU just don't get it hombre