LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Haha I like this post. Me and the boys made a huge slip and slide for a rager we had. I'm talking baby oil and everything. I tried to ride down it on my Seed but I was so blitzed I forgot to take the fins out. Took them out and ended up shredding that thing for half an hour. Good times.

I actually surfed at Bay Ridge in Annapolis the Saturday night that Irene came through. It was exactly that, waist high and choppy... really windy short period slop. On a shortboard it was basically get up and ride for like 6 feet and sink. Kinda just did it to say I've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I actually surfed at Bay Ridge in Annapolis the Saturday night that Irene came through. It was exactly that, waist high and choppy... really windy short period slop. On a shortboard it was basically get up and ride for like 6 feet and sink. Kinda just did it to say I've done it.
    was it breaking out on a sandbar or right up close?

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Have you seen the video on the weather channel from Chicago last week? They were getting some major swell there. It was taking people out on the North Ave beach bike path.
    South Haven, Michigan.

Oh... it's not a "spot," by any means. All along the area of Town Bank and Cape May Beach. Brown, silty water... with these little short period peelers. Nothing to get excited about, that's for sure, but a rideable wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef View Post
    was it breaking out on a sandbar or right up close?
    No, they've these rock breakwalls out there that form sandbars in between (http://www.bayridge.org/images/homep...ummer_300h.jpg)... It was probably stomach deep water and a good 30/35 feet from the water's edge. I've certainly surfed OC shallower and closer. It's definitely a better setup than Sandy Point, but a) why would anyone want to surf there if they had other options... it was really like get up -> pump your fists, not your board -> sink... and b) the parking is bad... in that there is none. You either have to live there, in which case you're ballin and should have bought a plane ticket to Bali instead, or you have to park on the side of the road in a really rich neighborhood that will call cops in a heartbeat. We posted a few girls at the cars and crossed our fingers that all the rich folk would be too worried about the storm to give a crap about 4 idiots trying to surf their beach. Haha... I'm blowing up their spot. It'd be so funny to see 30 cars lining Bay Drive to surf crappy waist high slop.

Still, pretty cool if you happen to be stuck in Naptown during a storm like that. Gets you pumped to paddle out for real the next day.

Here is a boadyboard video from the Chesapeake bay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQQZ5R1QtKw

Anywhere breaking big enough to ride in the Chesapeake is going to be super gnarled up chop - unless you're way down south with direct exposure to the ocean.

Calvert Cliffs has a pretty epic point break setup but it only really works when a freighter passes down the bay. I doubt it was ridable, but it was pealing real nice and for a long time.

ive heard of it breaking after a sub leaves norfolk naval station, just gotta time it right; i saw on surfline once after a hurrican a shot of a little waist high wave underneath two twin bridges that they said was in the outer banks