LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    I doubt this to be true- but sounds interesting, its in Camden, nj...

It sounds like it has to be a 12 to 16ft swell outside in order to break here...

http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/North_...ave/index.html

If you don't get shot surfing this break you will probably die from the sewage. Let me know how it is!!!
    CAMDEN!!! The place is a hole. Better wear a bullet proof vest, expect to get mugged, and lose your board. Make sure you're out of town by sundown too.

Images
    When the sea gets 8 to 12 ft strong e se way inside in the cove walled up perfection

I spent a few years surfing buckroe and grandview (the posted video... not the secret they made it out to be) when I was stuck inland in Smithfield, VA. It also gave me a fascination for waves that break where they seemingly shouldn't. Two of my favorite waves where I live now fall into that category. Down the street for my house are two quality reef setups that sit 2-2.5 miles inside of a sheltered deep water harbor. Both are dormant a vast majority of the year due to their location requiring specific swell and wind direction (throwing a quality wave a few times a month or not at all for the last month and 4 days). Waves don't roll in you just feel the water being sucked of the reef and it throws a backless hollow wave in a foot or two (if lucky) or water. With optimal swell direction both waves (one the left pictured & the other left and right) break in a horseshoe shape with the wave bending in towards you making barrels super fun. Both are good from small till a bit overhead when they start to suck up too much water. Most folks stay away cause it not epic like a lot of the other setups on island or because of accessibility so issues so never a crowd.

Attachment 4207

http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Austra...#wanna-content
    Better photo of the spot... guess wannasurf gets something right every once in a while (look up your home break, whatever it is, and I bet its full of misinformation)

Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    When the sea gets 8 to 12 ft strong e se way inside in the cove walled up perfection
    yeah I've been there and seen some nice peelers, only place that had offshores that day..

theres a couple spots up in the delaware bay on the de side that break during noreasters. access is thru private property so you wont ever surf em. so lonely by meself

Images
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...QUtouNMjU&NR=1

also, ive always wanted to surf barnegat inlet

there's a place about 1 mile from my property in Washington state, called Damon Point. It's about 3 miles inland inside a big bay, and it breaks on a huge spit on big souths if the angle is just right...and the prevailing seabreeze is offshore when the coast is huge and blown out. It can get very good, but it's pretty hit or miss.

There's another place about 3 hours north of me, and it's 60 miles from the coast. Breaks only when a huge northwest comes in at the right angle, and it gets pretty good too even though the swell has to travel a long way to get there. Can't tell you any more about this place, tho....could be hazardous to my health.

http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/North_...ast/index.html

Zoom in on the map between WA state and BC, Canada. All sorts of "breaks."