LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    if youre into the bar scene in rincon youll be broke quick and whatever you do,DO NOT f up and visit the jail system. youll be sorry.
    Last edited by ripturbo; Oct 12, 2011 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Golf course= wilderness=forget the car. Lol One of the better and more consistant surf spots around! Good location bro!
    I agree. You are next to Wilderness, Surfers, and Tabletops...... all good spots. I would stick with a scooter or bike and rent a car only when you have to, maybe some days to score some different spots if you want. There are def different, other, and maybe more peaks elsewhere but I still think I had some of my best rides that trip at surfers.

As far as a job goes, you are going to be pretty far (from what I remember) from any real source of employment. My buddies have been doing this trip for years and they have tons of restaurant/hotel experience but still have trouble getting jobs. They have found that in order to get a job, they have to get down there pretty early in the season(before Thanksgiving) and stay late (after March), especially if they want to come back to work the following year. I'd take as much cash as possible, have a ticket to get back, have a back-up plan, stay away from the bars and white stuff, surf as much as possible, and you should be good.

Enjoy!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wang; Oct 12, 2011 at 02:30 AM.

Does anyone know what board prices are like down there? Headed there around Christmas to surf and was planning on just buying a board while im there because i need a new one anyway. Wont have to pay shipping so that isnt an issue

Images
    I think the prices are about the same as here in NJ- i don't remember a huge savings- maybe a local shape might be cheaper. The selection could be limited if your looking for a specific kind of board.

I did that once in Hawaii and spent about 2 or 3 days looking for the board I wanted... 2 or 3 days that I could have been surfing!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    Does anyone know what board prices are like down there? Headed there around Christmas to surf and was planning on just buying a board while im there because i need a new one anyway. Wont have to pay shipping so that isnt an issue