LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nice. May I ask how much it set you back? Did you order it from Bing or pick it up from a shop?

Images
    I payed $745 for a 6'0" but that had a tint and was all Volan Glass (it's heavier than the clear one I have) I'm guessing that's why it was so expensive. I payed $595 for my 5'6" clear one (I like this one the best in surf Shoulder high and under). I bought both from 2 different shops. Hope this helps.

Sweet. I'll have to save up. Thanks for the info.

Images

uhoh.....

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    Not sure where you're headed with this but if you need to talk, PM me. There's hope.
    wally, recycled,
    sorry. it was an allegory. thanks for caring; i mean it.

Images

you DO know, jaq

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJAQ View Post
    Calm down everyone. Spongedude made a comment on the recent departures from swellinfo.
    thanks capn. good eye.

Images

philosopher's corner is OPEN....

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJAQ View Post
    OK, you got me thinking...

Why do people focus on how or when you go out, and what exactly you are doing when you die?

If you have a wonderful, enjoyable, meaningful life, and suffer a boring or meaningless exit does that somehow negate everything else in your life leading up to that point?
    don't we all want to leave a legacy? "die with yer boots on," or stepping in front of a bullet or chin-up defiance and all that? i think that goes to the comment by koki barrels. in reality, those guys went out "happy" but the legacy they left behind...not so much. then there's the old guy in so cal last week. on his board, on a wave. that's a legendary exit....well...in some circles anyway.

I'm taking as many dirty hippies as I can with me!!

Images
    Just listened to "suicide is painless" on the first page. Man, that song is depressing! I like the second version with the words replaced with the trumpet much better. The intro to MASH reminds me of my dad, that was his favorite show.

Anyway, the song lyrics are misleading. Suicide is not painless (I know no one here is thinking of it and it was an allegory). Just talk to some of the families around Manasquan High School (The teen suicide capital of the country). I think they will be able to say that suicide is painFUL.

Good stuff in this post. Check out my sig. Pascal's Wager, google it. If God doesn't exist then we are all good. BUT, if He does exist then many here who haven't accepted Christ are in serious serious trouble. Not trying to scare anyone and these are not my opinions, simply what I have read in the Bible. Stop and think about this stuff, it's important.

And yes, there may be some dirty hippies in heaven as well...

asbury park press feature on suicides in NJ:

http://special.app.com/special/deadlydecisions/

Images
    ^ thanks for posting that.