LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    asbury park press feature on suicides in NJ:

http://special.app.com/special/deadlydecisions/
    that's terrible. i've heard of other highschools in NJ where there were "suicide clusters" too. if anyone reading this ever has thoughts of killing themselves, don't do it. its not worth it, and life really is good. there are always other options

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJAQ View Post
    OK, you got me thinking...

Why do people focus on how or when you go out, and what exactly you are doing when you die?

If you have a wonderful, enjoyable, meaningful life, and suffer a boring or meaningless exit does that somehow negate everything else in your life leading up to that point?
    I see your point. And it's a good one. I guess I'm thinking that if I die doing what I love I'll be okay with it and my family and friends will be okay with it. There are certain risks inherent in certain activities and I accept those risks and take responsibility for my actions. If I screw up and drown or get killed in avalanche - that's on me and oh well. But if a drunk swerves into my lane or a terrorist takes down the plane I'm on, that's tragic because it's somebody else's fault and I had no say in the matter. Not that it matters much for me, cuz I'll be dead, but it might help my family and friends deal with it...

Images

Cool petrol en el fuego

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    And yes, there may be some dirty hippies in heaven as well...

hmmm....unemployed guy with long hair and sandals, spending his days wandering from place to place, sponging off of others, b'sing and hanging out with people, talking about peace and brotherhood and forgiveness....yeah. i bet there at least ONE.....hahah

see ya there