LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    When it is really howling, be careful if you wipe out/bail, and even when you're just resetting to go back out, as your board will often go airborne! Not so bad with a shortboard, but when your 10'0" flies over your head, it is a little frightening.

sometimes its better to surf, other times its better to kite

Quote Originally Posted by RightCoastRipper View Post
    sometimes its better to surf, other times its better to kite
    Lol kite....

Im sure the wind will be heavy tomorrow but im hoping its not 30mph, right now the wind was projected to be around 20 and I don't think its even 10. Hopefully thats the case tomorrow (and possibly this aft).

I will definitely choose a heavier glass board over a lighter epoxy on strong off shore days. Hoping this weekend is ok.

wish i had this 'problem' more often recently.too many times good swell bad onshores

I remember when I surfed a break on Maui where the wind was super strong offshore at a place called "Big Lefts". You had to paddle your a$$ off to get past the spray in your face then look down to a double overhead magazine quality drop. ..Good times.

Images
    Is that break real in your avatar recycle surfer? If so where is it? And don't say cape may.

Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    Is that break real in your avatar recycle surfer? If so where is it? And don't say cape may.
    The Jetty-Va Beach during a contest heat...recycle surfer!

Images
    well today was pretty awesome in my opinion. the drops were tough though, it felt like being shot with a fire hose right before you stood up