LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Neti Pot

Images
    Seems like a Louisiana thing.. Still not worth the risk of course...

I was always sketched out about the neti pot, then I used it when i got sick a couple months ago. Its the worst thing at first but feels great after. Now im a little sketched out.

Better start boiling water or getting sterile water at the store, Im to young to die.

Don't use one if you are already stopped up. It will blow out your eardrums and pack down the crud into your sinuses even more.

Quote Originally Posted by whit View Post
    Don't use one if you are already stopped up. It will blow out your eardrums and pack down the crud into your sinuses even more.
    Totally, totally disagree with that. I use it when I have a cold and all all gunked up. Clears stuff up amazingly and shortens the length of the cold. I've been doing this for years long before these things were sold commercially in the U.S. I used to use salt water and the turkey baster. My wife loved that.

Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    neti pots? not much proof in the pudding. flushing salt water through a nose is not very natural. if you surf dirty water, then the possibility of getting sick is that...a possibility.

I swear by the sauna. It is the key to staying healthy and there is tons of proof that it works. Steam rooms are great, but not many around.

I started using the sauna as part of my training. Kills bacteria in the nasal passages and bronchial tubes/throat. I always use it after I surf. Helps drain the salt water OUT of my nose in opposition of the neti that poors water back in...and that doesn't make sense to me.

mix it up and go Swedish. 10 minutes in the sauna followed by 2 minutes of ice cold shower. Repeat 3 times. You will never use a neti again.

I generally try and get the sauna up to 170 degrees plus by splashing water on the rocks. As long as you are healthy, this will keep the cold away and or get rid of the one you have.

you want my advice? neti pots are not healthy!!!
    It's only NaCl. If that's the case then being in the ocean isn't healthy. More water pours out of my sinuses after a good session than using my Neti, and at odd times, too.

Images
    There is nothing to be sketched out about rinsing out your nasal passages with water. You should be way more sketched out about all the drugs they throw out at you to ease your nasal/sinus discomfort.

Images
    but dont use it everyday - your body will end up relying on it too much.
    Only use when needed:
    - after dirty session
    - illness coming on
    - clean out funk during illness
    then ease off

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    There is nothing to be sketched out about rinsing out your nasal passages with water. You should be way more sketched out about all the drugs they throw out at you to ease your nasal/sinus discomfort.
    very true. drugs are easiest way to make a bad situation worse. Some of the side effects of the drugs some of these Dr.s have tried to throw at me for a neck injury are nightmarish. Hence they've gone in the trash. All about preventative meds/therapy.