LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lung capacity

Inhale and hold for 5-7 seconds, exhale, repeat, pass to the left!

all jokes aside...

hold breath for 30 seconds/rest for 30 seconds
    hold breath for 1 minute/ rest 1 minute
    hold for as long as you can

Repeat 2x or 3x a day. Time your last hold and watch results improve within a week.

The yoga ones good too, hurts less.

competitive swimmers do a lot of breath holding exercizes with fins on in the pool, we like to do two laps underwater dolphin kicking with fins, break for 15 seconds and repeat as many times as you can, will definitly expand your lung capacity.

getting inside an industrial size washing machine works as well

its one thing to practice holding your breath on land, and totally different thing to do it while your violently drowning with the entire ocean coming down at you..

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    its one thing to practice holding your breath on land, and totally different thing to do it while your violently drowning with the entire ocean coming down at you..
    How's this?

that's awesome....but would never work in the Atlantic

Images
    ^yea i think to do that we would need to be able to see more than 3inches infron of our faces

what do you need to see for ? Your running on a flat sand bottom...

One of my side jobs is diving under yachts to clean their bottoms before a race, and i almost always just free dive, visibility is usually like 9 inches but its enough to work down there, so i would think it would be enough to do that kind of training.