LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewk529 View Post
    People have drowned surfing Tamrindo beach..At Negra where the main wave breaks, the water is around 20 ft deep. The wave also collapses in a uniform fashion and only will close out towards the end of a long section. I haven't seen the break perfectly clean. Hopefully I can catch a good swell there in the future.
    I cut my head open surfing there. Not sure how it happened exactly, but I caught some rocks right above my eyebrow and chummed the water a bit. I agree that it didn't feel dangerous at all...I was being pretty reckless and think it was more my own fault than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by surfer666 View Post
    I was lifted out of the water and off my board by an easy 8ft shark in Frisco. Seen a picture of a 12ft Tiger shark following riders in the waves at Pea Island. You dont make yourself overly conspicuous in these places.
    my buddy and I paddled out at Frisco in the beginning of November during that nor'easter. I made it out, but my friend didn't, the current was pushing pretty good...while i was sitting, waiting for a wave I saw something huge go by under me, looked lightish grey in color, not sure if it was a shark...but after reading your post, good lord, I'm glad that bastard didn't knock me off my board...I think i would have pooped just a little.