LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

December issue of Surfing

I had to throw away my December issue of Surfing Magazine a few minutes ago after vomiting all over it when I saw the ad for the Wavejet Propulsion Surfboard... Its motto? "Change the way you experience the water." Seriously? Paddling is a huge part of surfing, something that can sometimes separate the average from the above average and this company is dissolving that barrier. I personally think that this idea is effed up and an attempt to modernize surfing which will, hopefully, fall on its face. I know someone posted about these boards before, but now they're in Surfing... Any thoughts? Do you think the boards will find success or flop?

I came home today excited to read through the new Surfing magazine whilst I took the Browns to the Superbowl and saw the same ad, I was like...WTF! We're all screwed, we thought SUPer's we're bad hogging up the lineup, now there's gonna be grandmas out there jet propulsing on our faces. Thankfully, I didn't vomit on my magazine, but I will choose not to look at that page or burn it. Kinda bummed too, had a glimpse of a chance of getting off work for tomorrow to get some and that all came crashing down late afternoon today...

Images
    I got the new issue of Transworld the other day and the same ad was in it. I had the same reaction, I almost wanted to tear the page right out of the mag. I hope I never see one of those things in person...

Images
    I have a good feeling the Jan issue with be filled with nothing but angery hate mail as they deserve

I thought everyone knew? Steve Walden anyone? The biggest f-ing sellout in all of surfing history.
    Makes me sick.

http://www.grindtv.com/surf/blog/266...%20surfboards/

...I will never, NEVER own a Steve Walden surfboard. Everyone should boycott this sickening idiotship. For a man who's done so much for surfing to come up with an idea that totally disregards literally THE MOST important aspect of surfing utterly disgusts me.
    If I had a Walden I'd burn it.

Images
    I would try one. I would be laughing as i zip around everyone haha.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    That's sinful

I think you have to have a handicap plate on your car to purchase one.

Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    pathetic...